+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5834Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Just heard this on the news... keep fresh basil plants in your kitchen to keep away flies, wash down the counter with water/vinegar mix to get rid of ants (destroys their trail), and CATNIP is almost as effective as DEET to keep mosquitos away.
    Good for us, basil grows like weeds -- even on our sorry little urban apartment balcony. No wonder we don't have a fly problem.
    Hmmm -- what herbs will scare away the bleepin' termites?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Finally got my new laptop up and running. I've had ZERO experience with laptops, and I am trying to avoid a trip to the "nervous hospital"! To add to the drama, I have Windows 8 on it. The ethernet cable...I can't remove it from the laptop unit for some bizarre reason, so my computer has a yellow, dangling "tail". HELP ME, RHONDA!!!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

Do you have a wireless modem?

Yes, I do.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

If your laptop has the wireless switch turned on, you should be able to disconnect the Ethernet cable.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    ...and I am trying to avoid a trip to the "nervous hospital"!
    LOL @ "nervous hospital"!
    I'm gonna have to work that into a conversation...
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey

Ellen, I read that cold, salt water or WD-40 are some natural ways of getting rid of termites.

Please tell me that others make really dumb mistakes. I made a really stupid mistake and I feel so terrible. I know it happens, but it just makes you feel so bad. I won't go into details, but it caused me a lot of extra time, energy and inconvenience and put some other people to trouble as well. I guess you have to just kick yourself a little and move on.

Exactly......forgive yourself, make ONLY 1 apology (as in "DON'T overdo it!"), and move on! We all do it/have done it....nothing like looking stupid in front of YOURSELF! Eventually, when you're in the privacy of your own company, you should be able to laugh about it and give yourself a slap upside the head! You aren't the first and you won't be the last.
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Exactly......forgive yourself, make ONLY 1 apology (as in "DON'T overdo it!"), and move on! We all do it/have done it....nothing like looking stupid in front of YOURSELF! Eventually, when you're in the privacy of your own company, you should be able to laugh about it and give yourself a slap upside the head! You aren't the first and you won't be the last.
    Thanks. I am much harder on myself than others. lol I had a little cry over it, but am feeling better.

+ Reply to Thread