+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7139Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    That's just petty. She said what if someone had recorded it- I would have said well we took the guessing out of it for you
    Someone like that doesn't really require much tact in your response. I would have been blunt. I have a habit of doing that.

I would have replied: "After the show has aired, it's no longer a spoiler. If you haven't seen it & don't want to know, stay off the internet. There will be no babysitting here of those who record. Please keep that in mind for future reference."
    KatesMom and AZChristian like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    Someone like that doesn't really require much tact in your response. I would have been blunt. I have a habit of doing that.

I would have replied: "After the show has aired, it's no longer a spoiler. If you haven't seen it & don't want to know, stay off the internet. There will be no babysitting here of those who record. Please keep that in mind for future reference."
    Whoa, that is certainly to the point, Miss Scarlet. I haven't responded yet. I was so angry and wish I could have just deflected the situation with humor as Fanny and Katesmom have said. I was thinking of using AZ Christian's idea of a blanket statement but perhaps I will just send her a private message instead. I appreciate everyone's input.
    Last edited by Eastcoastmom; 05-20-2013 at 03:51 PM.
    AZChristian likes this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I just got home from a non-stop 2 hour walk, in the middle of the night, venturing into unknown territory. It was good exercise. I found out that my journey one way was 2.36 miles, so that x2, plus a few more blocks, is how far I went.
    Last edited by JohnnyK; 05-22-2013 at 07:41 AM.
    Cootie and Eastcoastmom like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Try the L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes mascara - it's the reddish pink tube. Super easy to remove. Just a little warm water and it comes right off with NO smudging. It's a little more expensive than say, Maybelline Great Lash (what I used to use), but I think it's worth it.
    I tried the tube mascara and WOW!! I noticed I usually pick at my mascara (and by proxy my poor eyelashes) about mid-day when it would start to clump, flake or otherwise bug me, which I did not do with this at all. Yesterday was my first day and I was a little worried, mostly about removal, so went pretty light. Removal was easier than my traditional with remover so today I went a little more 'wild' HOLY COW do I have eyelashes now! Chalk up another yay for FORT.
    Critical, Hyper and Lizard like this.
    Wag more, bark less

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I must be the only woman in the world who doesn't wear any mascara!
    I don't wear mascara, either. My lashes are long and dark enough that I don't need and in fact, I think it looks fakey when I do wear it. Plus I have sensitivities to makeup and I worry about mascara running, smearing or clumping so I have no use for it to justify the pain of dealing with it.

I don't wear makeup in general too often. For special occasions I'll wear it or sometimes I'll go through periods where I feel like wearing makeup but I just use foundation powder, blush, eyeshadow, eyeliner, and lipstick or lip gloss. I've tried using liquid foundation but it looks so artificial and I don't like the feel of it so I'd rather use a little powder to even out my skin tone.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    "Fun" experience last night.

I take 2,000 milligrams of Niacin every day with my doctor's approval; my cholesterol is just a little high, and I am fighting so I don't have to take statins to control it. For a couple of years, I've been taking one brand. I was at Costco the last time I needed some instead of Sam's (where I usually get it). The new stuff looked a little different, but to my non-medical mind it didn't make a difference. Wrong.

My old standby is "flush-free." The new stuff is "time-released" . . . but after I turned bright red (3rd degree sunburn red) and my skin getting really hot, I re-read the bottle and realized it was NOT "flush-free." After a benadryl and about an hour, things calmed down.

Reminder: READ THE LABELS.
    I'm a reader so I always read medicine labels before taking them the first time and I keep the label in case I need to reference it for something (to have the prescription number, to check the dose if I forget, to look up side effects if I start experiencing them, etc).

I also tend to read everything around me. At breakfast, I read the box my cereal is in. If I'm having a package of cookies, I'll read the label while I'm devouring them. If I have to wait a long time for my meal at a restaurant, I'll read everything at my table (the menu, the specials placard, the sugar packets, etc) and if I run out of stuff to read, I'll rummage through my purse to find stuff to read!

Maybe I need to join a support group. Is there such thing as Overreaders Anonymous?
    Last edited by pikachu; 05-23-2013 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie5632 View Post
    I tried the tube mascara and WOW!! I noticed I usually pick at my mascara (and by proxy my poor eyelashes) about mid-day when it would start to clump, flake or otherwise bug me, which I did not do with this at all. Yesterday was my first day and I was a little worried, mostly about removal, so went pretty light. Removal was easier than my traditional with remover so today I went a little more 'wild' HOLY COW do I have eyelashes now! Chalk up another yay for FORT.
    I'm so glad you like it too! Before, when I used other mascaras, I was always wiping smudges from under my eyes all day long. Not any more!
    Jamie5632 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I'm so glad you like it too! Before, when I used other mascaras, I was always wiping smudges from under my eyes all day long. Not any more!
    I tried two places, both were SOLD OUT! so that's says a lot.I will look elsewhere this weekend
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I looked it up online. It looks like it only comes in "blackest black". At least where I looked.
    Does anyone know if it comes in brown?
    I'm blonde with fairly thick lashes & black, not to mention blackest black, is horrible on me. If I increased the length of the lashes too, I'd look downright frightening.

I do need mascara though, & eyebrow pencil too. Natural blondes without it look washed out, especially as we age & they thin out.

I always go for brown & it looks good on me. The brand I used to buy & loved discontinued the line I bought. I've tried others but just don't like them. I also have the clumping problem & start picking at them too. Not good for the lashes.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I'd check drugstore.com or Ulta. One or both of them might carry it.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Amazon? Of course, I'd have to bundle that with some other fun things to defray the s/h, if it qualified.

Got my nails done this morning by a lovely Vietnamese woman who is called "Snow White". I must say that I've never encountered anyone who has a name even slightly close to this one. I know Linda, Bessie, Li, Tina, Jennie....but this is a new one on me. Don't know if this is her adopted name (I'm guessing 'yes'), but one never knows unless one asks, and I didn't go there today. It's just been one of those weeks.....
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread