Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Dear Friend of Eastcoastmom,

The world doesn't revolve around you.

Signed,
    AZChristian
    Bwah ha ha, if only I had the nerve to write that, AZ. Thanks for the laugh.
    AZChristian likes this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I saw that! I nearly said a lot of my friends are down East, so I don't go on FB until I have seen the show- If I record it, I expect to see something about the show on FB
    I know, right, Fanny? Plus, I was commenting to another friend that all you have to do is turn on your computer and spoilers are everywhere. I didn't watch the AI finale last night and as soon as I turned on the pc, the winner's photo was right on Yahoo's home page. I haven't said anything yet to her; I'm not usually a chicken who avoids confrontation but I am still trying to figure out how to word it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    I know, right, Fanny? Plus, I was commenting to another friend that all you have to do is turn on your computer and spoilers are everywhere. I didn't watch the AI finale last night and as soon as I turned on the pc, the winner's photo was right on Yahoo's home page. I haven't said anything yet to her; I'm not usually a chicken who avoids confrontation but I am still trying to figure out how to word it.
    That's just petty. She said what if someone had recorded it- I would have said well we took the guessing out of it for you
    Eastcoastmom likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I'd respond with something like: "If someone recorded a show and doesn't want to know the outcome, they shouldn't go online (or listen to the radio or tv talk shows, or for that matter conversations around the water cooler at work or in line at the grocery store). I see headlines about last night's tv shows when I first go online in in the morning. I like to talk about my favorite tv shows, so this is fair warning to all my friends: Stay away if you don't want to be spoiled! "
    Eastcoastmom likes this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

There have been times when I've posted something on MY status (not as a comment under someone who has just sent me a Farmville request) that says, "Just for the record . . . I don't "do" Farmville or lots of other stuff on FB. I'm hiding all requests or comments about those things."

You could maybe put a generic post that says, "I sometimes discuss TV shows that have already aired. It's not my goal to be a "spoiler" - but if you don't want to know what has happened on a show that's already been aired, you should hide me on Facebook, right after you avoid your television set, computer, radio, or other people who might spill the beans."

Follow it up with the emoticon of your choice.
    Critical likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    That's just petty. She said what if someone had recorded it- I would have said well we took the guessing out of it for you
    I think this is probably how I would have responded too! Try to deflect it with a snappy comment/joke, but I think the message is still there. I'm sorry, but ECM, I don't think you should have to put any sort of disclaimer on YOUR OWN FACEBOOK account!! It is your account, to say whatever you want. I've seen before where the person who's page it is will actually delete or "correct" people who comment on their page and make offensive (or politically charged) responses to their post. But on your page - your business to post whatever you want. If someone doesn't like it, tough patooties!
    AZChristian and Eastcoastmom like this.

I had a funny encounter this morning when my daughter and I were at a yard sale. We were both wearing Birkenstocks which plays a part in the following conversation, although I have no idea why. There was a young girl, around 8 or 9, and she asked, "Are you both book illustrators?" I lied, "Why, yes. How could you tell?" She answered, "Because of your shoes."
    Ellen, Kip, just1paul and 4 others like this.
    Count your blessings!

I just do my best to avoid this place and twitter, FB etc until I have time to watch something. If I am spoiled, so be it but it is fun to try and keep unspoiled. I watched the AR finale one day late and unsure as to who had won. I found out by accident who had won Survivor but it didn't ruin anything for me.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

"Fun" experience last night.

I take 2,000 milligrams of Niacin every day with my doctor's approval; my cholesterol is just a little high, and I am fighting so I don't have to take statins to control it. For a couple of years, I've been taking one brand. I was at Costco the last time I needed some instead of Sam's (where I usually get it). The new stuff looked a little different, but to my non-medical mind it didn't make a difference. Wrong.

My old standby is "flush-free." The new stuff is "time-released" . . . but after I turned bright red (3rd degree sunburn red) and my skin getting really hot, I re-read the bottle and realized it was NOT "flush-free." After a benadryl and about an hour, things calmed down.

Reminder: READ THE LABELS.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've come to realize that a lot of people don't read the most obvious of labels and I, like you, through personal experience have come to realize how important that is. One day, after having been on a medication for months, deemed to read the insert and the info that is ATTACHED to the bag that my prescription had come in. I learned things that I should have known all along, but didn't "waste" my time discovering. I was bored, sitting at a table, and decided to read...... The only thing the pharmacy people generally will ask you is if YOU have any questions and, thinking that you already know it ALL, you say, "No." WRONG-OLA!!!! I encourage everybody to take the time to read what you are given with your medications/vitamins. You just might be surprised at what you learn, and kick yourself for not having done that way before you did! I renew my knowledge every so often to see if they've snuck anything in there that wasn't there before or that I may have forgotten.

I am a good one for teasing people and saying "Reading is fundamental!", with my direct stare. I, now, look into the mirror and say that to MYSELF!!!
    AZChristian likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread