+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5650Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Any recommendations to allergic reactions to eyebrow waxing? The salons I frequent have one wax that is supposed to be hypoallergenic, in addition to the regular wax, but either way I break out terribly, with huge red bumps on my forehead and under my eyebrows. It takes at least a full week to disappear and is quite unsightly! I'm not so great at tweezing and only go to get the brows waxed when absolutely necessary. I've heard that threading is good but it is supposed to be more painful. What can I apply to get rid of the bumps?

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Any recommendations to allergic reactions to eyebrow waxing? The salons I frequent have one wax that is supposed to be hypoallergenic, in addition to the regular wax, but either way I break out terribly, with huge red bumps on my forehead and under my eyebrows. It takes at least a full week to disappear and is quite unsightly! I'm not so great at tweezing and only go to get the brows waxed when absolutely necessary. I've heard that threading is good but it is supposed to be more painful. What can I apply to get rid of the bumps?
    I didn't find threading painful, she was very quick and they looked great.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    It comes off really easily. It really does make these little tubes around your lashes. What I usually do is either take it off in the shower (I shower at night) and the steam loosens it up and I can pull the tubes off - no tugging. If I'm just removing it when I wash my face, I put the washcloth over my eyelashes for a few seconds and let the water "soak in" a bit. Comes off very easily with WARM water. Cool water doesn't really do too much, which means you can cry and it doesn't come off.

It took me a little time to get used to, but I like it so much better than the mascara you need oil or makeup remover to take off. I always got that stuff in my eyes. Plus, I was always wiping mascara from under my eyes during the day.

I will say that, if I don't rinse the sink well, the tubes look like little spider legs in the sink.

As they say, results may vary. I LOVE it, maybe others will too.
    Great! thank you..I will pick some up this weekend.I googled it so I know what the tube itself looks like. I must remember to rinse the sink well, I am afraid of spiders and their legs
    Cootie likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    It comes off really easily. It really does make these little tubes around your lashes. What I usually do is either take it off in the shower (I shower at night) and the steam loosens it up and I can pull the tubes off - no tugging. If I'm just removing it when I wash my face, I put the washcloth over my eyelashes for a few seconds and let the water "soak in" a bit. Comes off very easily with WARM water. Cool water doesn't really do too much, which means you can cry and it doesn't come off.

It took me a little time to get used to, but I like it so much better than the mascara you need oil or makeup remover to take off. I always got that stuff in my eyes. Plus, I was always wiping mascara from under my eyes during the day.

I will say that, if I don't rinse the sink well, the tubes look like little spider legs in the sink.

As they say, results may vary. I LOVE it, maybe others will too.
    My 14 year old is sensitive to eye makeup but would like to use mascara at least. I'm going to get this for her! Thanks. (Oh, and I'm going to try it as well. Mascara is a staple for me, like water, or cheese.)

I'm not sure that it's hypo-allergenic, but it's worth a try!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Yeah, they all dab just along the edge of that lower lid; I think it's pretty normal for women to look and see if their mascara/liner is coming off. I can never recall seeing a guy do it like that. I must be the only person in the world, anymore who wears waterproof mascara.
    I wear waterproof mascara, too. It's the only kind that doesn't smudge on me. Even if I don't cry or sweat, even smudge-resistant non-waterproof mascara smudges on me.
    But now I'm curious about trying beauty tubes — though I'm hesitant because of allergies. (I use Almay.)
    Last edited by Ellen; 05-16-2013 at 10:10 PM.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

L'Oreal makes wonderful products, overall. I use many of their things, and have never been disappointed. It's worth whatever extra you pay for it. Ellen, the word "non-waterproof" tells me right there that I'm not going to be happy with it. Luckily, I'm not a big crier or sweater. I used to wear Almay, but was never that happy with it.

I also think that the technique you use to apply the mascara makes a difference. I've learned to roll my mascara on, from base to tip, as opposed to just brushing in on from base to tip; I let the first rolled on coat dry, do a couple of things, and then repeat the roll-on. Rolling it on keeps me from pulling the already-applied mascara off the lashes, if that makes sense. I read about that technique several years ago, and have done it ever since. It made sense to me.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I'd like some advice FORTers. I have a Facebook account and I frequently post comments about television shows that I have watched. Last night was Scandal's finale. In my status this morning I posted that I was surprised to find out that a certain character was Olivia's (the main protagonist) dad. A friend of mine posted under my status "What if someone recorded it?" This is not the first time she has made a similar comment whether it was who got bumped off American Idol, DWTS, or whatever. Apparently this gal never watches anything in real time. I don't think that is my problem and I am tempted to send her a pm telling her she can just block me if she wants b/c if I feel like commenting on a TV episode, season finale, etc, it's my right to do so. She can't censor what I want to post. So, I decided to count to ten, take a deep breath, and post here for advice b/c I am really steaming right now.

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Dear Friend of Eastcoastmom,

The world doesn't revolve around you.

Signed,
    AZChristian
    MiaT2, Critical and Hyper like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    I'd like some advice FORTers. I have a Facebook account and I frequently post comments about television shows that I have watched. Last night was Scandal's finale. In my status this morning I posted that I was surprised to find out that a certain character was Olivia's (the main protagonist) dad. A friend of mine posted under my status "What if someone recorded it?" This is not the first time she has made a similar comment whether it was who got bumped off American Idol, DWTS, or whatever. Apparently this gal never watches anything in real time. I don't think that is my problem and I am tempted to send her a pm telling her she can just block me if she wants b/c if I feel like commenting on a TV episode, season finale, etc, it's my right to do so. She can't censor what I want to post. So, I decided to count to ten, take a deep breath, and post here for advice b/c I am really steaming right now.
    I saw that! I nearly said a lot of my friends are down East, so I don't go on FB until I have seen the show- If I record it, I expect to see something about the show on FB
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread