+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4532Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

  1. #19051
    Me and my shadow Gutmutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Always together.
    Posts
    12,508

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    I must be the only woman in the world who doesn't wear any mascara!
    cablejockey and inthegarden like this.
    Count your blessings!

  2. #19052
    Bitten Critical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fangtasia - The Bar With Bite
    Age
    45
    Posts
    15,662

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    My mom doesn't either. She's highly allergic to very brand she's tried, even the ones that are supposedly hypo-allergenic. I'm so used to her without mascara, I think she would look strange to me if she suddenly started wearing it.

    I wear L'Oreal Double Extend. It coats your lashes like little tubes. You take them off with warm water. They stay on all day - you can cry and even rub your eyes (although not hard) and it stays on - but they slide right off with a little warm water. I love it because I don't end up looking like a raccoon halfway through the day.

    That tissue dabbing thing always seems so theatrical and affected to me.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

  3. #19053
    FORT Fogey Lizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,729

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    I did not wear mascara. But recently I was noticing how people list it as their most important makeup item. I have short black eye lashes. So I decided to wear it at least on Saturdays. And I think I am a little more glamorous. Booty pain to remove though.
    You can do it!

  4. #19054
    Woodsprite Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,982

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I must be the only woman in the world who doesn't wear any mascara!
    Nope, their are two women in the world who don't wear mascara!
    I gave up wearing mascara because I'm allergic to all eye makeup.

  5. #19055
    Bitten Critical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fangtasia - The Bar With Bite
    Age
    45
    Posts
    15,662

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    I did not wear mascara. But recently I was noticing how people list it as their most important makeup item. I have short black eye lashes. So I decided to wear it at least on Saturdays. And I think I am a little more glamorous. Booty pain to remove though.
    Try the L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes mascara - it's the reddish pink tube. Super easy to remove. Just a little warm water and it comes right off with NO smudging. It's a little more expensive than say, Maybelline Great Lash (what I used to use), but I think it's worth it.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

  6. #19056
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8,921

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    I'll try the recommendation for the L'oreal. Most of my life I wore some makeup every day to work or school. Then I developed allergies and light sensitivity. It's tough now. I will wear it on certain occasions. I keep trying to find one that will work for me.

    I have considered false eyelashes, but can't make myself put glue on my eyelids.

  7. #19057
    Pineapple! ClosetRTWatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Groovin' with my human boom box
    Posts
    4,338

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Try the L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes mascara - it's the reddish pink tube. Super easy to remove. Just a little warm water and it comes right off with NO smudging. It's a little more expensive than say, Maybelline Great Lash (what I used to use), but I think it's worth it.
    I'll have to try this stuff too. I like wearing mascara, but I haven't been lately because smudging annoys me!

  8. #19058
    Bitten Critical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fangtasia - The Bar With Bite
    Age
    45
    Posts
    15,662

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    I got sick of the smudging and someone here (SnowflakeGirl?) recommended the L'Oreal to me a number of years ago. I'll never go back. I will say, make sure the package says Beauty Tubes in the red/pink-ish tube. They have several different varieties of the Double Extend and some are like regular mascara. I mistakenly bought one of the other types and was really bummed.

    With this stuff, you put on a conditioner and then apply the actual mascara. It stays on ALL day, doesn't smudge and them comes off super easily with no smudging. It costs a bit more, but I'll never give it up.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

  9. #19059
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    19,201

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I got sick of the smudging and someone here (SnowflakeGirl?) recommended the L'Oreal to me a number of years ago. I'll never go back. I will say, make sure the package says Beauty Tubes in the red/pink-ish tube. They have several different varieties of the Double Extend and some are like regular mascara. I mistakenly bought one of the other types and was really bummed.

    With this stuff, you put on a conditioner and then apply the actual mascara. It stays on ALL day, doesn't smudge and them comes off super easily with no smudging. It costs a bit more, but I'll never give it up.

    Does it come off okay(just with water right) Critical?? I tried Kiss me mascara ( tubes) but dang I was washing them off forever..now you have made me want to try again.I hate mascara
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  10. #19060
    Bitten Critical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fangtasia - The Bar With Bite
    Age
    45
    Posts
    15,662

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    It comes off really easily. It really does make these little tubes around your lashes. What I usually do is either take it off in the shower (I shower at night) and the steam loosens it up and I can pull the tubes off - no tugging. If I'm just removing it when I wash my face, I put the washcloth over my eyelashes for a few seconds and let the water "soak in" a bit. Comes off very easily with WARM water. Cool water doesn't really do too much, which means you can cry and it doesn't come off.

    It took me a little time to get used to, but I like it so much better than the mascara you need oil or makeup remover to take off. I always got that stuff in my eyes. Plus, I was always wiping mascara from under my eyes during the day.

    I will say that, if I don't rinse the sink well, the tubes look like little spider legs in the sink.

    As they say, results may vary. I LOVE it, maybe others will too.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.