+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4532Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I must be the only woman in the world who doesn't wear any mascara!
    cablejockey and inthegarden like this.
    Count your blessings!

My mom doesn't either. She's highly allergic to very brand she's tried, even the ones that are supposedly hypo-allergenic. I'm so used to her without mascara, I think she would look strange to me if she suddenly started wearing it.

I wear L'Oreal Double Extend. It coats your lashes like little tubes. You take them off with warm water. They stay on all day - you can cry and even rub your eyes (although not hard) and it stays on - but they slide right off with a little warm water. I love it because I don't end up looking like a raccoon halfway through the day.

That tissue dabbing thing always seems so theatrical and affected to me.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I did not wear mascara. But recently I was noticing how people list it as their most important makeup item. I have short black eye lashes. So I decided to wear it at least on Saturdays. And I think I am a little more glamorous. Booty pain to remove though.
    You can do it!

Woodsprite Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I must be the only woman in the world who doesn't wear any mascara!
    Nope, their are two women in the world who don't wear mascara!
    I gave up wearing mascara because I'm allergic to all eye makeup.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    I did not wear mascara. But recently I was noticing how people list it as their most important makeup item. I have short black eye lashes. So I decided to wear it at least on Saturdays. And I think I am a little more glamorous. Booty pain to remove though.
    Try the L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes mascara - it's the reddish pink tube. Super easy to remove. Just a little warm water and it comes right off with NO smudging. It's a little more expensive than say, Maybelline Great Lash (what I used to use), but I think it's worth it.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I'll try the recommendation for the L'oreal. Most of my life I wore some makeup every day to work or school. Then I developed allergies and light sensitivity. It's tough now. I will wear it on certain occasions. I keep trying to find one that will work for me.

I have considered false eyelashes, but can't make myself put glue on my eyelids.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Try the L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes mascara - it's the reddish pink tube. Super easy to remove. Just a little warm water and it comes right off with NO smudging. It's a little more expensive than say, Maybelline Great Lash (what I used to use), but I think it's worth it.
    I'll have to try this stuff too. I like wearing mascara, but I haven't been lately because smudging annoys me!

I got sick of the smudging and someone here (SnowflakeGirl?) recommended the L'Oreal to me a number of years ago. I'll never go back. I will say, make sure the package says Beauty Tubes in the red/pink-ish tube. They have several different varieties of the Double Extend and some are like regular mascara. I mistakenly bought one of the other types and was really bummed.

With this stuff, you put on a conditioner and then apply the actual mascara. It stays on ALL day, doesn't smudge and them comes off super easily with no smudging. It costs a bit more, but I'll never give it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I got sick of the smudging and someone here (SnowflakeGirl?) recommended the L'Oreal to me a number of years ago. I'll never go back. I will say, make sure the package says Beauty Tubes in the red/pink-ish tube. They have several different varieties of the Double Extend and some are like regular mascara. I mistakenly bought one of the other types and was really bummed.

With this stuff, you put on a conditioner and then apply the actual mascara. It stays on ALL day, doesn't smudge and them comes off super easily with no smudging. It costs a bit more, but I'll never give it up.

Does it come off okay(just with water right) Critical?? I tried Kiss me mascara ( tubes) but dang I was washing them off forever..now you have made me want to try again.I hate mascara
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

It comes off really easily. It really does make these little tubes around your lashes. What I usually do is either take it off in the shower (I shower at night) and the steam loosens it up and I can pull the tubes off - no tugging. If I'm just removing it when I wash my face, I put the washcloth over my eyelashes for a few seconds and let the water "soak in" a bit. Comes off very easily with WARM water. Cool water doesn't really do too much, which means you can cry and it doesn't come off.

It took me a little time to get used to, but I like it so much better than the mascara you need oil or makeup remover to take off. I always got that stuff in my eyes. Plus, I was always wiping mascara from under my eyes during the day.

I will say that, if I don't rinse the sink well, the tubes look like little spider legs in the sink.

As they say, results may vary. I LOVE it, maybe others will too.

+ Reply to Thread