+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6190Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

The way everyone describes laughing gas sounds like how I felt. Fully aware, but unable to do anything.
    But what I had was an IV with an anesthesiologist in attendance the whole time. They told me I'd be totally out & wouldn't wake up 'till she removed the IV & gave me oxygen or something.
    They were wrong. I was totally awake & aware of what was going on. Just incapacitated.

Nothing inappropriate happened. I knew the female anesthesiologist would be there the whole time. I'll never forget the smell when he was cauterizing in there. I've never smelled burning rotting flesh, but I'd bet that's what it smells like. Also the heavy smoke coming from my mouth while he was doing it.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

When I had my eyelids done, I was out, but not out. That's how they described it. They said I would be awake, but not remember anything. I didn't, except at one point, I felt something wet in my nose. It was like a blob of cold, wet, slime. I thought it would prevent me from breathing, but I just breathed really hard and it went away. Then it was lights out.

I can hardly believe I was awake, because when I woke up afterwards, I was so sleepy, I could barely stay awake and I have no memory of it. Nor any pain. I think it was propofal.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    When I had my eyelids done, I was out, but not out. That's how they described it. They said I would be awake, but not remember anything. I didn't, except at one point, I felt something wet in my nose. It was like a blob of cold, wet, slime. I thought it would prevent me from breathing, but I just breathed really hard and it went away. Then it was lights out.

I can hardly believe I was awake, because when I woke up afterwards, I was so sleepy, I could barely stay awake and I have no memory of it. Nor any pain. I think it was propofal.
    They did the same thing with me when I had my wisdom teeth out. It was called conscious sedation. They gave me a couple of pills, sat me in a chair with some magazines to read and told me that they would come and get me in a little while to go to the bathroom and that I would not remember a thing after that... sure enough, I remember sitting in the chair and everything up to and including walking to the bathroom... and then nothing until hours later, and even that is more dreamlike than anything. My husband sure likes to tell our friends how ridiculously out of it I was! Apparently every hour or so I would ask if the kids were home from school even though every time he would tell me that yes they had been home for hours!

The dental surgeon explained that this was his prefered method because then the patient is alert during surgery and can indicate if there is any pain or discomfort rather than them just numbing everything and digging around while you are unconscious or using a local anesthetic and having the patient awake but numb which some patients find traumatic. When I went for my follow up visit he asked if I remembered anything about the surgery because I was far more alert and aware than his average patients... thankfully I didn't remember a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post

Were you pleased with the result of this procedure? I am thinking it would be something I would be interested in.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

My sedation was halcion tablets topped off with my usual nitrous. I have really bad dentist/procedure anxiety fro childhood. I have very little memory of Thursday, overall, but I could do what they asked me to do during my procedure: "Open wider," "Bite down," etc. I have finally gotten out of bed, like a normal person, on Saturday. My son took very good care of me.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    Were you pleased with the result of this procedure? I am thinking it would be something I would be interested in.
    Yes. I had my upper and lower lids done. Fat pockets under the low lids run in my family. It starts in the very young. I was quite pleased, as the results are really holding out. Get personal referrals if possible and check to make sure no malpractice claims against the doctor.

I will say that there may be more advanced procedures since I had my done which was around 2004. I have heard, instead of removing the fat, they add more to even it out. Check it out with a highly recommended, board certified, plastic surgeon for your options. It is a bigger deal than they show on tv. I had about 3-4 days of swelling, despite icing. Bruising didn't bother me. I wasn't embarrassed and went out after 4 days. Not much actual pain, just uncomfortable due to the tightness and swelling.

Biggest issue is that after my surgery, I sometimes have extreme light sensitivity. I'm not sure if that caused it, because I have something else with my eyes too, but it happened around the same time.

Here's something that I wondered about: When people go on these talks shows, etc., are they instructed what technique to utilize with the tissues/hankies, if they cry? They all do exactly the same thing when it comes to dabbing their eyes. I have no idea why I noticed this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Has anyone heard of sweepers? They are people who enter loads of sweepstakes and win lots of prices and cash. I saw a lady who had won a car every other year for about 6 years.

I'm thinking of entering the Publisher's Clearing House sweepstakes. I know odds are great. Any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Here's something that I wondered about: When people go on these talks shows, etc., are they instructed what technique to utilize with the tissues/hankies, if they cry? They all do exactly the same thing when it comes to dabbing their eyes. I have no idea why I noticed this.
    Do you mean when they dab at the bottom of their eyes and then look at the hankie? Thats what I notice on all different talk shows. I always think they are trying to see if the eye makeup is coming off.

Yeah, they all dab just along the edge of that lower lid; I think it's pretty normal for women to look and see if their mascara/liner is coming off. I can never recall seeing a guy do it like that. I must be the only person in the world, anymore who wears waterproof mascara.

+ Reply to Thread