+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6170Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I've been bumping around the internet hoping to find some Sharri's Berries with free shipping, but no Mother's Day luck! Boo! Hiss! That was going to be my gift to myself! I have really gotten hooked on those things!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

phro - did you try ebates? They have 20% off and 6% back. So, kinda the same.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Thank you for telling me that, but their s/h is OUTRAGEOUS!! I'll only buy it for myself, or drop many hints if s/h is FREE. It easily will cancel out their product discounts. They've got discounts all over the place, but I'm not biting!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I had sedation dentistry yesterday; totally new experience for me. Not my idea of a good time, that's for sure. Today, I still feel like a wobbly bowling pin, with intermittent bouts of mild (so far) nausea. Anybody else had this fun thing done to them?

I could never be a junkie. I'm going back to bed.

Yes, my last root canal. The medicine that they gave me for sedation wouldn't knock me out. They gave me more and more, the maximum amount. Needless to say, I don't remember that day at all and very little of the next day. Don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.
    I couldn't be a junkie either. I hate the groggy head feeling. Best thing to do is sleep it off.

I tried it once, and hated the feeling. I can't even take a whole gravol, so I would make a pretty poor junkie as well
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I had it done when I had my wisdom teeth removed as an adult. They said I'd be out, but I wasn't. I was drowsy, but remember the entire thing, but I couldn't feel a thing. It was like watching on a TV screen with smell. I could hear, smell, see, but couldn't even feel myself move. Afterwards I was dozy & out of kilter the rest of the day.
    In both regards, I hate being out of control of myself.

Later, when I had teeth pulled for my bridgework, they wanted to put me out, but I refused. I insisted on novocaine shots. During & after the dental surgury, or whatever you want to call it, I was fully alert & in control. I drove myself home & went about the rest of the day at home, albeit with a messed up mouth. I cleaned, watched TV, and did laundry. Took advantage of the day off.
    I fully recommend this if you can take it. I never regretted it for a minute.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

shay, do you mean sedation as in 'laughing gas' , which leaves you technically awake but really out of it, or an actual sedation as in going under? I've had both. When I was sedated and 'sleeping' to have a tooth pulled, I woke up and began hysterically crying. They say that is not an uncommon reaction. I was not supposed to drive home so my dad remained there while the dental work was being done.
    "Laughing gas" is no laughing matter to me. When I was 17, my dentist got "touchy feely" with my D cups when I was under. I was semi-aware but couldn't do anything about it. When I came to, I got the hell out of there, told my then boyfriend who wanted to smash his head in with a baseball bat. I told my folks who reported him to the union who prescribed our family's dental benefits. We didn't report him to the authorities. In those days you didn't hear as much about perverts in general. Years later I read an article in our local newspaper that he had been under investigation for similar incidents and had lost his license.

My 24 y.o. had laughing gas for the first time at his last dental visit. I guess he liked the euphoria he experienced b/c when he came home he told us with a straight face: "I can't believe that stuff is legal." For me, though, I don't like that out of control feeling. Count me in as one who could never be a junkie.

I didn't have laughing gas when I was 18, it was just a gas mask over my face and I was asleep. I woke up to my dentist brushing my breast. I didn't know what to do, or say and I was alone. He said part of the filling had crumbled, I was so naive at 18.

My mother hated the dentist, so did I ,but that didn't matter. I had to go in with my brother and youngest sister for any work they had done, neither would go in alone. I think back and my mother copped out of a lot of things
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Mine doesn't erither. 2009 Toyota Camery
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

+ Reply to Thread