+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7121Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I tend to just leave the salutation off . . . Put the inside address, then start the letter two spaces down.

Can you scan in your signature, then save it as a signature file and just insert it in the proper space on the letter? I do this a lot when I'm sending out mass mailings. It still has a signature, but the entire document isn't scanned.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I've always thought that To Whom It May Concern sounded rude. Like saying "I don't know who you are & I don't care, so there". Like you're about to write something to tell the person off.

I've always liked "Dear Sir or Madam" in annonymous circumstances. First you're calling them Dear, being friendly. Then you're covering both the male & female gender without offending either one. Just don't put an "e" on Madam or you're talking about a whole different type of working female.

As to the signature, type your full name & sign your signature above it. I know that's proper in most business letters. You're signing for personalness, & you're typing it for exact spelling accuracy.
    I've used both "To Whom it May Concern" or "Dear Sir/Madam". I actually never thought it was rude, because I think it is the customarily accepted salutation when you don't know who it is going to. And in a situation like this, I'm sure they know that is what they are going to get.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

When you are preparing a business letter like stated, the last thing you need to do is assume familiarity or friendship where it has not been established or offered. That is what I think is unprofessional.
    KatesMom likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Thanks for the input on the letter. As it turns out, the company who handles these things has so many rules about it. After reading the rules and calling their tech person, I got it emailed to them. Apparently, the company, adds the address in, because it was going to several different schools. I guess it's good plan, though the company should be more specific on their site about the questions I asked above. Perhaps most people today don't concern themself with proper letter etiquette. lol

I was quite pleased with the letter of recommendation and hope the young man is accepted to his first pick. It was pleasure to do it. He's very academically gifted and has a heart of gold. He's a leader and always helping with those in need, charities, etc. I know his parents are so proud!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

So, did you start bawling???
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    So, did you start bawling???
    You crack me up. I didn't cry.......this time. lol

You know what's NOT funny? Ten inches of horribly heavy snow in my driveway this morning!
    Someone needs to get Mother Nature on some mood stabilizers ASAP!!!!!
    Hyper likes this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Come on over, RT. It's high 90s here in Arizona today.

We are rather cool too here in NC. It's in the 50's!!!!!! That's not normal for here. I doubt we'll get 10 inches of snow though!

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    You know what's NOT funny? Ten inches of horribly heavy snow in my driveway this morning!
    Someone needs to get Mother Nature on some mood stabilizers ASAP!!!!!
    I'm so sorry, CTW!! I was watching the news this morning and I saw the story about 10 inches across places in the midwest. Since we are technically midwest too, I was just so grateful it wasn't us (we are in the 70's today)!

+ Reply to Thread