+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5887Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Not if that is all you are planning on doing, no. But if you are going on to grad school (like law school), I don't see the harm. Plus, now it really messes with people that I have both a psychology degree and a law degree!
    Not that it matters one whit what I think, and I know that it is just one of my quirks, but I am always tickled when somebody finds their way away from a soft, subjective major. I totally understand when people grab onto what I may view as a soft major just to get that bachelor's degree out of the way, and move onto something I may view as "real". Unfortunately, my son never made that particular turn. I swear, he would have made a great hippie/flowerchild back in the '70s. I tried my damnedest to talk him into considering law school, to no avail. It breaks my heart that he didn't inherit any of my interests; oh well....at least he did get a degree. I guess I should just be grateful for that much.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I was an art major in college. You couldn't have talked me into anything else. Then much later I got my masters in early adolescent education. I would NEVER have gone into that in my 20s.
    Eastcoastmom likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

So I was told maybe reinstalling Windows is my only option...

was this the wrong place for me to ask my question?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    So I was told maybe reinstalling Windows is my only option...

was this the wrong place for me to ask my question?
    I bumped the Computer help desk thread. You might ask your question on that thread.

I've tried to encourage the kids, but it seems that most of them are going into the medical field, such as radiology, dental. I have to support it, since those areas are the ones that have plenty of jobs. Lots of law students and even law graduates can't get jobs now.

With the aging population from the baby boom, the medical field should be an obvious direction, but that also requires the maths, sciences that so many people run from.

They also run from reading, I've learned, something I'll never understand and pity them for.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

My daughter is my youngest. She is a strong student so I have to believe she'll make good choices in the end.
    I have one graduating this year from his first degree (conflict and ethic studies) and he'll go on to a masters. He wants medicine as his final career but he wants to work in 3rd world countries which is why his background is different.

My second son is in his 2nd year of biomedical engineering.

Funny that university is an expectation of my kids and my family had no one attend university before me. Both my sisters did community college as did my dad. My mom graduated high school and got married. Grandparents didn't even go to high school.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

My son told me he only went to college because I always talked about how much I loved my college time. His dad had a full ride and didn't go. Most of the family, both sides, did not have any (or at least very little) college, but I think they at least did graduate high school.

I STILL say I mis-married and I'm still kicking myself!!!
    Debb70 likes this.

Can someone help me with this? I am writing a letter recommending a young man I know for admission into law school. What do I put for the heading and salutation? The letter is actually going to a company who handles these kinds of things for applicants and not directly to the law school. And I know he is applying to multiple law schools. I don't know their names.

And, if I'm emailing the letter to this company, do I type my name or do I sign my signature, then scan it and email it?

I wasn't sure of the proper way to do it under these circumstances. I found one on-line that had To Whom It May Concern. I just never thought you were actually supposed to use that.

I checked with that company and they say to leave it blank, because it's going to multiple places. I guess that answers my question.
    Last edited by Debb70; 04-29-2013 at 02:48 PM.

I've always thought that To Whom It May Concern sounded rude. Like saying "I don't know who you are & I don't care, so there". Like you're about to write something to tell the person off.

I've always liked "Dear Sir or Madam" in annonymous circumstances. First you're calling them Dear, being friendly. Then you're covering both the male & female gender without offending either one. Just don't put an "e" on Madam or you're talking about a whole different type of working female.

As to the signature, type your full name & sign your signature above it. I know that's proper in most business letters. You're signing for personalness, & you're typing it for exact spelling accuracy.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

+ Reply to Thread