+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5671Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

I nailed my driving test, complete with parallel parking, on the first try. But I did take driving training which was great for confidence. I also practiced with my Dad in empty parking lots first, then non-busy streets, then busy streets etc. We would practice angle parking and parallel parking quite a bit.

Attachment 18774
    When I took my driving training I got a brand new Chevy red camaro and I used the same car to take my test. That helped a lot I think because I had a feel for how big it was and how it maneouvered.

Laura000: Keep trying! You'll get it! Just practice to get some more confidence.
    Last edited by misskitty; 12-20-2006 at 02:10 AM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Double-posting for another totally different topic.

I had a very strange experience on the bus ride down to see my sweetie. I take the Red Arrow which is a really nice bus ...way better than Greyhound. It has nice upholstered seats, free movie, radio, coffee, tea, cookies, papers, magazines. Always meet nice people when I go.

This time a very odd man sat beside me. There were other free seats, but they are allocated. He talked to himself. He laughed out loud for no reason. He read a brochure over and over again out loud. He lined up his hands and looked down them. He had mumbling conversations with himself. He was about 35 years old (?), wearing a long black leather trenchcoat. But he didn't bother me personally. So I kept to myself and watched the (bad) movie.

I noticed him at the bus depot before boarding as being odd, as he was reading his travel voucher and laughing as well. There are like 3 lines of type on it.

At the stop in Red Deer, he got out filled his pipe and smoked it. I did my thing and everyone returned to their seats without incident. Fast forward to my destination.

I get off and wait with my suitcase for my ride. The young man, who sat across the aisle from me, comes over and strikes up a conversation. He mentioned the weird guy beside me and said he kept an eye out as he was a bit worried about me. I agreed he was a bit unusual but thought he may have a mental illness or attention problem. He didn't bother me so I felt ok.

The young man then announced this person bothered him at the stop while he was having a cig smoke. I asked how. Apparently this odd man, started to talk about killing people!! And he was still jovial and laughing about it. Seriously. It spooked the kid.

When I got the chance I called the bus lines and told them what happened, my seat numbers, his seat number and so on. She was very appreciative to know and had to Superintendent call me. She said you never know if someone who comes into town is there for a bad reason. This guy was definitely suspicious.

I spent my visit waiting to hear about a killing by a tall dark-haired guy with a black leather trenchcoat.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    I take greyhound and i hate it when they stop at another bus station to fill it up with more people.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Wow! What a weird experience! I'm glad you made it OK. You may have stopped something really bad from happening.

Thanks Scoutmom. I know from previous experience, unfortunately, that dangerous men don't look dangerous. They usually look very normal. That's the scariest part.

Oh, and the funny thing is, that the young man who was watching out for me, struck up a conversation asking for the time, and if there was a bank machine around, and asked if I wanted to go for a drink in the lounge! That was just too cute as he was quite a bit younger than I and an oil rigger on leave from a camp up North. Teee Hee Hee.

I don't know what I had going on, but it was fun to know it was still going on!

I guess I'm just suspicious-- did the young man get on at the same time as the 'weirdo"? I may read too many true crimes, but if they got on at the same stop or close to it, I'd be worrying that the two were working together-- young, normal guy strikes up a conversation about the weird one, then then talks me into going for a drink, or to show the way to the ATM... and something bad happens.
    (Now waiting to see misskitty's post that no, they got on halfway across town from each other)
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2173698;
    I guess I'm just suspicious-- did the young man get on at the same time as the 'weirdo"? I may read too many true crimes, but if they got on at the same stop or close to it, I'd be worrying that the two were working together-- young, normal guy strikes up a conversation about the weird one, then then talks me into going for a drink, or to show the way to the ATM... and something bad happens.
    (Now waiting to see misskitty's post that no, they got on halfway across town from each other)
    Hey if it makes you feel any better queenb, I would have thought the exact same thing as you did about the 2 guys.......
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

That whole incident it unnerving from start to finish, Misskitty. I am glad everything turned out ok and you are safe and sound.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2173698;
    I never thought that they could be in cahoots! They got on at the same stop, but got off at different ones. Good thing I got a big 'strong-like-bull' sweetie. (Except he was late picking me up at the stop.)

MRD
    Miss Kitty, how weird. I hope the return trip wasn't like that.

I once spent a nice 7 hour transatlantic flight sitting next to someone similar. He kept going into the bathroom and finally admitted to me and my friend who were traveling together, that he had to get rid of the "heroin" before we landed at Heathrow. At least THAT explained his behavior, but it was just weird and this was SO long ago, that telling the flight attendent never entered my mind. I was SO glad when we landed and me and my friend and 2 other people were pulled first off the flight as we were late and our connecting plane was waiting on us. We got to bypass him and everyone else in getting off that plane and believe me, I couldn't have gotten off there fast enough to get away from him.

But I think today reporting suspicious people should be done because you just NEVER know.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread