+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5793Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I was not talking her. I am married. My husband waited two years before telling me about my pets. And I did not tell him about a couple of things I had issues with until after.

I guess you are right about my relative.
    Last edited by Lizard; 04-01-2013 at 05:20 PM.
    You can do it!

I believe I have read where several of you either see the waste of office supplies, or have a need for school supplies... pikachu, Gutmutter... maybe? Well anyway, I wanted to mention that I saw a segment with Diane Sawyer last night that might interest you. She met with one of the heroic school teachers from Sandy Hook. This woman has started up a website to teach her students the blessing of paying things forward. It is called Classes 4 Classes (dot org).

Thank you Baby's Breath! I'll check it out.
    Baby's Breath likes this.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey

I've been reading about people who are extreme minimalists. These people can fit all of their belongings into a suitcase. It's an interesting concept.

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    I've been reading about people who are extreme minimalists. These people can fit all of their belongings into a suitcase. It's an interesting concept.
    It is an interesting idea. It makes me wonder what kind of job an extreme minimalist holds? As a professional, I cannot imagine having a work appropriate wardrobe (which covers both winter and summer weather, plus shoes) that would fit in a single suitcase!

...and that only addresses the issue of clothing!!

When you live in an area that has seasons, it's difficult to cut clothing and shoes down too much. Summer wear and winter wear take more room.

I did downsize quite a bit last year. I let go of many items that I have had for years and didn't even like that much. I gave them to charity and the rest to family and friends. I kept my favorites. I still have lots to purge even now, though. Do I really need 3 staplers in my home office? I have 2 at my regular office. lol How many change purses do I need, just in case? I don't like clutter at all. I think that after my spring cleaning this year, I will be down to a very good level of possessions. I won't be able to get them all into one suitcase, but my standards, it will be acceptable.

My next project is to store most of my records, files, etc. on electronic storage and get rid of the paper. That is going to be huge job. I'm taking a class on how to do it.lol
    Last edited by Debb70; 04-12-2013 at 04:02 PM.

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

I have or did have a subscription to Whole Living magazine. Today I received a Family Circle magazine in the mail and I don't subscribe to FC. When I opened the invoice, it said that Whole Living was no longer being published and that they were finishing out the remainder of my subscription with Family Circle. I didn't even get a notice from the publisher. Customer Service??? I wish they would have let me pick my replacement magazine or better yet sent me a refund.

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    I have or did have a subscription to Whole Living magazine. Today I received a Family Circle magazine in the mail and I don't subscribe to FC. When I opened the invoice, it said that Whole Living was no longer being published and that they were finishing out the remainder of my subscription with Family Circle. I didn't even get a notice from the publisher. Customer Service??? I wish they would have let me pick my replacement magazine or better yet sent me a refund.
    That happened to me with another magazine that went out of business - ReadyMade - they sent me Better Homes and Gardens. I originally got the mag for my 25 year old daughter but I liked it, too. It came to my house then I would pass it on to her.
    BH&G was not the same as the one they substituted, but it turns out my daughter loves the recipes, etc. It was the closest match that publisher had to ReadyMade. Oh well.

That has happened to me several times. Always a disappointment. Never got a notification.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I hate magazines....period. I hate the idea of people leafing through my stuff before I do. Yuck! Petty, but real.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread