+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5863Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by laura000;2169111;
    I failed my driving test today. I went a month ago and failed and did again today, so this is my second time failing. I live in Ontario and went to the Downsview driving centre. I feel like I get extreme anxiety before and get intimidated by the instructor and make stupid, stupid mistakes that I normally would not do.

I'm starting to think that I'm never going to get my liscense because of this anxiety.
    When I was 16 I failed mine the first time, too. I was so pissed that my mom finally got tired of my bitching and told me to shut up. Don't worry, you'll get it.

I am bouncing around on the inside today because my absolute FAVORITE christmas special is on tonight: Rudolph the Red-Nosed Raindeer. This is the first time in three years I can actually watch this special, as it has always aired in the middle of the week previous years. It also repeats on the 21st (both on cbs). Somewhere around my bedroom... I even have the soundtrack...
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBrat;2172045;
    I am bouncing around on the inside today because my absolute FAVORITE christmas special is on tonight: Rudolph the Red-Nosed Raindeer. This is the first time in three years I can actually watch this special, as it has always aired in the middle of the week previous years. It also repeats on the 21st (both on cbs). Somewhere around my bedroom... I even have the soundtrack...

I LOVE Rudolph. It is my favorite too. We have a VHS tape of it so we can watch it anytime, but will probably watch tonight.

As for the driving test. Maybe if you got some Celestial Seasonings Tension Tamer tea and had a cup before the test, it would help with your anxiety.
    It is a wonderful tea that relaxes you, but doesn't impair you in any way.

Just try to not think about the test, practice and go in there next time with confidence. Just keep repeating to yourself: I can do this.

I passed mine the first time even tho parrallel parking was hard for me. But I had been driving since I was 12 (we lived in a very small country town with a lot of backroads) so I had had a LOT of practice by the time the test rolled around. So I suggest you just practice as much as you can before the next test.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Excellent suggestion Rosiedog. If you can't find Tension Tamer, look for any chamomile tea. Very calming. Don't drink coffee of caffeinated tea before you go. Other things that might help. When you're in the car and about to start, take a couple of deep breaths, breathing in through your nose and out of your mouth. Then smile at the instructor and say, I'm ready! (then keep smiling) When I used to have to take the strenuous swimming tests to lifeguard at a state park, I read an article that helped. One of the things was to tell yourself you're excited and alert instead of nervous. Thoughts are things! Watch how you're programming yourself! Don't say I'll never pass. Say I've learned from my mistakes and am ready to pass this time. You can also try getting comfortable and visualizing yourself taking the test relaxed and confident. That's how the Romanian gymnists won so many Olympics. They visualized the perfect routine over and over and over.
    Count your blessings!

I had a lot of trouble with my driving test too. I was too nervous and kept making mistakes. The second time I did better. Can you go and practice the area you will be taking the test at with someone? Maybe you need to drive that area a bit more to calm down.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Quote Originally Posted by nlmcp;2172832;
    I had a lot of trouble with my driving test too. I was too nervous and kept making mistakes. The second time I did better. Can you go and practice the area you will be taking the test at with someone? Maybe you need to drive that area a bit more to calm down.

Or drink a couple shots of scotch.......

I was very nervous when I took my driving test, too, but luckily for me my state doesn't require parallel parking. Unfortunately, I then went off into life and had to learn it on my own, as I now have to parallel park at least once a day. I grew up on a state line, and some of the kids who lived in the other state did fail their tests at first because that state required parallel parking.

Anyway, do practice, and hopefully that will make you less nervous next time.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Parallel parking was my downfall twice . Before my third test, I practiced almost every day in my dad's big honkin' Lincoln Continental. When I had that down pat, I took the test borrowing my sisters' much smaller Montego and had no problem.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I can't imagine not requiring parallel parking on a driving test. What's behind that? Very interesting.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

The first time I took my driving test, I pulled off a completely flawless parallel parking job. I thought I was in the clear. Then they asked me to do a three point turn out of it, and I just lost my mind. I reversed into it (for some reason), and it became more of an 18 point mess. So, I failed.

+ Reply to Thread