+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6749Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Love it! I'll mention it to my students today. Thanks.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by veejer View Post
    For my fellow geeks, we are in the middle of a series of palindrome dates. Personally, I like the 11th and 13th best.

Yes, being in the 'burbs of Detroit, they are calling today Detroit Day (because the main area code for Detroit is 313, in case you didn't know from the Eminem song!).

Hey, does anyone know how to clean sticky Tupperware? I've got a white storage container that is vaguely sticky/tacky and I can't seem to get it clean. I scrubbed the bejeesus out of it with hot soapy water and then filled it with bleach water and let it soak for an hour. Scrubbed it with hot soapy water again and it's still sticky. I have NO idea what was in the bowl, but it wasn't rubber cement or something. I googled and can't find a solution other than what I've already done. I don't have a dishwasher, so that's not an option. It's kind of gross....and annoying!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

The only gross Tupperware fix I know of is if it smells stale, coat it inside & out with straight lemon juice (lid too), & plenty of it & let it sit out for a while & dry completely. Then wash. Freshens it right up. Who knows, it may work for sticky too.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

* For sticky, gummy stains, fill a container with a solution of water and bleach (use plastic or rubber gloves). Submerge your container and/or seal completely in the bleach and allow it to soak for a few minutes. Rinse well and examine it. If residue remains, soak the container for a longer period. When the residue is gone, wash in hot, soapy water, and rinse well. Your clean Tupperware will have a new lease on life.
    * Another way to clean Tupperware that has sticky, gummy stains is to spray it with oven cleaner. We recommend doing this outdoors, on a bed of newspaper. Allow the cleaner to work for a few minutes, and then wash in hot, soapy water.

I found a ton of sites by googling "sticky tupperware". The above was on the first one I hit. It also said any Tupperware Consultant can help you replace it because it has a lifetime warranty.
    Goo Gone, fabric softener, baking soda paste... from other sites I'm looking at.
    Last edited by Gutmutter; 03-13-2013 at 06:19 PM.
    Count your blessings!

I saw all of those sites. I don't have oven cleaner, so that's out. I really don't want to buy oven cleaner that I otherwise don't need.

I did the bleach thing and it did nothing. I'll go back and try something else later. I'm too annoyed right now. I know there's probably some chemical that will remove the residue almost instantly. I just have to find it!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I've had good luck with using vinegar on sticky Tupperware (if the stickiness is due to oil/grease).
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I use baking soda , I make a paste and leave it on over night
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Yes, being in the 'burbs of Detroit, they are calling today Detroit Day (because the main area code for Detroit is 313, in case you didn't know from the Eminem song!).
    My area code from my first 10 years was 313!!!

Also, within those ten days is Pi Day, The Ides of March and St. Patrick's Day!!!
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    I've had good luck with using vinegar on sticky Tupperware (if the stickiness is due to oil/grease).
    Cool, thanks. I'll try that and probably FM's suggestion too. I'm so frustrated right now that I'll try anything!

+ Reply to Thread