+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6789Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Since TWC had a deal if you added phone service with your cable and internet service, I took it. The only people who call me on that phone are solicitors. I don't remember the number when asked and it is a different area code than my cell phone (which has the original area code for this area.) Because a fire took out ATT service about 10 years ago for six months, I only had use of my cell phone and never went back to ATT. The new computer phone hook-up is annoying as calls and voices fade and drop out, so I continue to rely on my cell phone.

(Re: buying a laptop) For those, like me, who have a hard time moving the pointer around on your laptop, Logitek has a wireless full size mouse that works great. They also have a full size wireless keyboard if you feel you need that as well.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

My parents do not have caller ID. And when I lived by myself prior to getting married, I did not have a cell phone and I did not have caller ID...just old fashion land line. But I am a little weird.
    You can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    So far, no business I've contacted has ever told me that they didn't have it, or I would have been happy to "struggle through".
    Most people quote my number back to me and ask "can you be reached at this number". So mostly, they have caller ID.
    prhoshay likes this.

At my last office job, all outgoing calls were routed through the same "switch," so they all displayed as the same number on caller ID and there were dozens of numbers at that business. It didn't matter which phone you were calling out from (and they all had their own separate direct numbers), they all appeared as the same number - one that actually belonged to no one.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Whew, I finally got caught up at work! I had a massive onslaught of outgoing letters hit my desk a few weeks ago. Shortly after that, I got bronchitis and ended up taking some days off. I've been struggling to get all that mess out and finally it's done!

I hate it when that happens at work. Nothing to do for weeks at a time and then all of a sudden you're flooded with work. Phone calls tend to go like that, too. Things will be pretty quiet for a few weeks and then one day, everyone in the world calls up to complain about something.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

When something like that would happen to me, when I was working, I used to remind myself that the place would not stop running if I died that night! They'd just take care of the business in another way, and that it was NOT my emergency.....hell, most of them wouldn't even come to my funeral or send a card...and if they did, I wouldn't be around to read it, anyway! I'd get to it when I did when I got back off sick leave. I vote we don't put pressure on ourselves by sweating the dumb stuff.....and the majority of it was "dumb stuff". Those wheels are going to turn whether you're there or not. Take a deep breath!
    Ellen, Lizard and Debb70 like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

As my father would say..."Don't let the turkeys get you down."
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Anyone snowed in? We are getting a beautiful snow right now. The flakes are huge! IT's not going to amount to much though, according to the news. It's really affecting those north of us though. (NC)

We got a Time Warner phone too in the package plan, and it was nice to have one that I don't give the number out, but still, it's annoying as there are numerous calls all day from no one! If you answer it, no one is there. Over and over this happens. If you call the humber of the one that called you, it is no one there either. It's so frustrating and confusing. What's up? When I have time, I'm going to get to the bottom of it. For now, I keep the Do Not Disturb button on, until I want to use it. lol

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

It's about 79 here in AZ today. I did find it ironic that a major meeting on global warming had to be postponed in Washington today - because of snow. :-)

For my fellow geeks, we are in the middle of a series of palindrome dates. Personally, I like the 11th and 13th best.

Ellen, waywyrd, Hyper and 4 others like this.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

+ Reply to Thread