+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6535Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Don't assume everyone has caller ID. I know plenty of people who don't.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

So far, no business I've contacted has ever told me that they didn't have it, or I would have been happy to "struggle through".
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Yes I usually include a message saying something like "Oh hi I went to our high school do you remember me?"

I recall two times I got friend requests from people I know I didn't know. The first had a profile pic of a topless woman (immediate reject) and the second was some guy who liked some of the stuff I did but I did send him a message asking why he added me. He never came back, so, that was done with.

A mutual friend of a former Facebook friend did add me once though and I decided to accept. I still have them on.

Today I saw another friend and had a good time. A better time. Tomorrow I might see the person I went to the bar with again under better circumstances. The place we went to was some sort of an Irish pub. But there were a number of reasons I didn't have a good time. The bar was too loud, not a good place for me, too crowded, and the friend I went with brought some of her other friends I haven't met before so I actually guess it would have been hard for me to talk to them much anyway. In real life around people I don't know I'm not like I am on here.
    I think that is probably a good way to be. Your friends are young like you. They are going through their own different things......Just spend time around good people. And if not because they are busy, be good to yourself.
    You can do it!

For those of you affected, time "springs forward" next Sunday.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Oh, yuck. I hate Daylights Savings time changes! I wish all states would stop doing it. I'm one of the affected states so thanks for the warning.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Don't assume everyone has caller ID. I know plenty of people who don't.
    I'm one of them. I have an answering machine at home. Those who have a message for me or need me to call them back leave a message. I figure that if someone doesn't want to leave a message, I don't need to talk to them all that bad. Most of those are phone solicitors anyhow.
    Most people I know call me on my cell phone.
    prhoshay likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

If it wasn't for my renters I would get rid of my land line but then that means I have to take the cell out of my purse in case it rings. I am horrible at leaving the cell in my purse and then missing messages. I guess they could call my home phone if it was that important.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Am I the only person who knows people who carry their cell phones in the front of their bra, between their breasts? I'm always a little shocked when they pull them out!

I don't have caller ID on my cell, and my number comes up as private,
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Am I the only person who knows people who carry their cell phones in the front of their bra, between their breasts? I'm always a little shocked when they pull them out!
    I was doing this, because it was the only way I could be certain to hear and feel the call, but I stopped it after a couple of months. I stopped when I read that it's not safe. I read that it can be dangerous to hold it near your body and that you should never put it near your head, keep away from young children entirely, and limit it for older children, due to harmful cancer causing effects. I don't think it is been positively proven, but the state of CA has warmings on most all cell phones about the risks.

To be on the safe side, I stopped keeping my phone near my body. If I miss a call, so what. I'm not willing to take that chance until more information is known.

+ Reply to Thread