+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6258Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Johnny, I had my share of good times partying. We did it in bars, clubs, restaurants, etc. I met a lot of bar people. Yes, most are fun and socialable, however, bars can breed lots of heartache, such as alcoholism, infidelity, etc.. After I went through my phase, I got away from the bars so much. I'm no longer a bar person, although I still drink socially, and am proud of it.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I find bars/clubs boring!

Always have. Never understood what people see in them. A dear friend of mine would be there every weekend.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I find bars/clubs boring!

Always have. Never understood what people see in them. A dear friend of mine would be there every weekend.
    You and me both.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Sorry, JohnnyK. I'd spend the time with your real friends rather than with online peeps who don't remember you. I am pretty wary of facebook friend requests. I find if I was not friendly with them in high school or at least had some kind of contact, why would I want to befriend them now? Did you include some kind of message that said " hi, I'm Johnny K from XYZ High School?" to clue them in to who you were? Otherwise, it can be kind of creepy. I have had friend requests from folks I am pretty sure I did not know in the real world and I usually ignore them.

As for not being a ''bar person'', well, there is nothing wrong with that. I met my husband 31 years ago in a 'club', which was nothing more than a bar with a dance floor and a live band. Neither he nor I are what you would call 'drinkers' in any stretch of the imagination. After meeting there,we never set foot in a bar again. There are lots of alternatives to meeting people and socializing outside of bars. What kinds of activities do you enjoy?
    Yes I usually include a message saying something like "Oh hi I went to our high school do you remember me?"

I recall two times I got friend requests from people I know I didn't know. The first had a profile pic of a topless woman (immediate reject) and the second was some guy who liked some of the stuff I did but I did send him a message asking why he added me. He never came back, so, that was done with.

A mutual friend of a former Facebook friend did add me once though and I decided to accept. I still have them on.

Today I saw another friend and had a good time. A better time. Tomorrow I might see the person I went to the bar with again under better circumstances. The place we went to was some sort of an Irish pub. But there were a number of reasons I didn't have a good time. The bar was too loud, not a good place for me, too crowded, and the friend I went with brought some of her other friends I haven't met before so I actually guess it would have been hard for me to talk to them much anyway. In real life around people I don't know I'm not like I am on here.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Hadn't planned a visit to Urgent Care this afternoon, but I sliced open my right index finger while washing out a can for recycling. All is fine - no stitches required.

But we sometimes feel like a traveling comedy show. I couldn't fill out the form because it was my right index finger that was cut. So hubby filled out the paperwork and writes down some number I've never seen on the line for my cell number. I said, "Don't you know my cell number?" He responded, "No, I just put 'P' on my phone and your phone rings." I almost fell over laughing after I responded, "Ewwwwwww!!!" (Shortcut key, as my first name begins with P)

You need the kind of can opener that does not leave a sharp edge!

I hardly know my own cell number!
    AZChristian likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

If someone asks me my cell number, I have to look at my business card.
    AZChristian likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Since we don't have a land line, I use my cell phone number for anywhere they need a number, so I know mine well. But I think the "not knowing it" is pretty common these days. I'd prefer contact by e-mail, so usually use that instead.

Like AZC, I only have a cell phone, so I know my number. When I worked in an office, I never knew my work number. I didn't work a job that required customers or clients to call me, so it was unusual that anyone would call. Plus, I hate getting personal calls at work. I always had to ask someone what the number was.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

When I make business calls and the caller asks what my phone number is, I tell them "Whatever number popped up on your caller ID," which they all have. I have a cell and a landline that is forwarded to my cell, for the convenience of seeing who is calling before I answer or not.

+ Reply to Thread