+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6393Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Life happens.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Rather than post an announcement in all the pool threads, I'll just post this here and hope the word spreads. I'm still not feeling well. My first priority is to get caught up at work but that's been difficult because I've been out so much this week and even when I am at work, I'm not able to get as much done as usual. I was out Monday and Tuesday and left early Thursday. I was going to take today off but decided I had to mail out some letters I have on my desk. If I can get those done early, I'll probably leave early today, too.

I will get to pool scores, state of play updates, and episode pictures when I can but it might take me a while to get to them.

I can't wait until this bronchitis and sinus infection/cold goes away so I can get back to my usual schedule! I haven't been able to exercise like I had been and I'm so far behind in everything.
    I hope you feel better soon. I am certainly not anxiously waiting to see how LaLaLa E is doing in the PR pool! Take care of yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Rather than post an announcement in all the pool threads, I'll just post this here and hope the word spreads. I'm still not feeling well. My first priority is to get caught up at work but that's been difficult because I've been out so much this week and even when I am at work, I'm not able to get as much done as usual. I was out Monday and Tuesday and left early Thursday. I was going to take today off but decided I had to mail out some letters I have on my desk. If I can get those done early, I'll probably leave early today, too.

I will get to pool scores, state of play updates, and episode pictures when I can but it might take me a while to get to them.

I can't wait until this bronchitis and sinus infection/cold goes away so I can get back to my usual schedule! I haven't been able to exercise like I had been and I'm so far behind in everything.
    I hope you're better soon. I have also been suffering with allergies/sinus infection for about two weeks! It's not good. Thank goodness I didn't have bronchitis. That sounds horrible. I'm behind at work too. I'll have to work all weekend to catch up. Take care of yourself.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Facebook talk again

I've gotten in trouble with Facebook, like, three times now. I tried talking to old schoolmates and therefore sent a bunch of messages which made Facebook thing I was a spammer or something. I think I said this before. Then some of them didn't remember me and reported me as some guy trying to contact them they didn't know. So, currently I'm banned from sending friend requests for a week.
    Sorry, JohnnyK. I'd spend the time with your real friends rather than with online peeps who don't remember you. I am pretty wary of facebook friend requests. I find if I was not friendly with them in high school or at least had some kind of contact, why would I want to befriend them now? Did you include some kind of message that said " hi, I'm Johnny K from XYZ High School?" to clue them in to who you were? Otherwise, it can be kind of creepy. I have had friend requests from folks I am pretty sure I did not know in the real world and I usually ignore them.

As for not being a ''bar person'', well, there is nothing wrong with that. I met my husband 31 years ago in a 'club', which was nothing more than a bar with a dance floor and a live band. Neither he nor I are what you would call 'drinkers' in any stretch of the imagination. After meeting there,we never set foot in a bar again. There are lots of alternatives to meeting people and socializing outside of bars. What kinds of activities do you enjoy?
    JohnnyK likes this.

http://toons.artie.com/alphabet/word...l-soon-url.gif

Pikachu, hope you get rid of that bronchitis and sinus infection real soon!!!

I may be living under a rock but can someone explain what pools we are talking about?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Has anyone had a cellphone that kept rebooting, for no apparent reason, every few seconds/minutes? Stupid thing finally ran out of battery life, but started right back up again once it was fully charged.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    I may be living under a rock but can someone explain what pools we are talking about?
    I'm running pools for Survivor, The Amazing Race, and Project Runway. There's a thread for each of the pools in those forums. It makes it more interesting to watch the show if you select a few contestants at the beginning of the season who you think will do well and then follow throughout the season to see if you were right about who comes out on top.

Survivor Pool

Amazing Race Pool

Project Runway Pool
    Last edited by pikachu; 03-01-2013 at 02:00 PM.

Okay, thanks for the explanation. I don't watch those 3 shows so I never ventured into those threads to see the pools.

Hope your'e feeling better soon Pikachu!

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Sorry, JohnnyK. I'd spend the time with your real friends rather than with online peeps who don't remember you. I am pretty wary of facebook friend requests. I find if I was not friendly with them in high school or at least had some kind of contact, why would I want to befriend them now? Did you include some kind of message that said " hi, I'm Johnny K from XYZ High School?" to clue them in to who you were? Otherwise, it can be kind of creepy. I have had friend requests from folks I am pretty sure I did not know in the real world and I usually ignore them.
    OMG, thank you! I am so glad I am not the only one. I am constantly shocked at some of the friend requests I get. I got one from an ex-friend once that just shocked me. Uh, the last time we talked, you called me a b**ch and accused me of trying to steal your husband! For the record, I wasn't - he had been a friend for years, I met her through him and when they started having problems, I continued being friends with him which she didn't like. But if that is the way we ended things in real life, why in God's name do you think I would accept you as a Facebook friend!!

Feel better, Pikachu!!

+ Reply to Thread