+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

I love opera, but seldom have a chance to hear it live. My sister and her husband have season tickets in Chicago and it is the one thing for which I'm jealous of her. I'm going to hop over to Amazon and see if she has a CD out and give a listen.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2165129;
    I just got back from the Wichita Grand Opera's performance of La Traviata, and I am completely blown away by the soprano, Cristina Nassif (that's her in my avatar.) Aside from being a beautiful woman , she has a wonderful voice and good stage presence. She more than made up for the tenor's voice getting lost behind the orchestration. If and when she returns to this neck of the woods, I'm springing for seats much closer to the stage
    I'm so glad you enjoyed her performance, Newf. I knew you were looking forward to seeing her perform in person. Does she know how luvstruck you are?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Failed Driving Test

I failed my driving test today. I went a month ago and failed and did again today, so this is my second time failing. I live in Ontario and went to the Downsview driving centre. I feel like I get extreme anxiety before and get intimidated by the instructor and make stupid, stupid mistakes that I normally would not do.

I'm starting to think that I'm never going to get my liscense because of this anxiety.

I understand how you feel! When I went to take my driving test, I failed it twice also! The first time was for speeding (ooops ~ I think I was 5 miles over the limit, which I didn't even see posted), the second time I can't remember why I failed it, but the third time was the charm. I was so nervous, not only b/c I'd already failed it twice, but b/c I also had the same officer as I got the first time.
    It was frustrating, b/c all of my friends had had theirs for months, & I didn't think I'd ever pass.
    Just hang in there! You'll pass it next time! Just keep calm, go through a mental checklist ahead of time & pay attention to what you are doing.

Good Luck!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Hang in there laura000...it'll happen! Now that you know what to expect maybe it'll cut down on the anxiety you feel!

Pretty soon you'll have one of these....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Don't worry laura, you'll get there. Now that you know what's expected, practice at home and maybe in a big parking lot like Walmart or somewhere, during hours they aren't busy. Try to relax and keep alert. Good luck!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Did you take drivers' training? It can make a huge difference.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I hated driving when I first started, plus my driver instructor was kinda mean and he told us so many driving horror stories that I was sure I'd crash and kill myself or someone else. He told me I'd never get it so I never wanted to practice and when my friends got their licences I completely stopped driving. So when I was almost 18 my Mom signed me up with another instructor and made me make a testing appointment. I'm not sure if it was becasue I was older or just had more practice now, but I felt so much more comfortable and it really made a difference in my driving... and I got it on my first try. Maybe you just need a little more practice to feel less nervous?

Try admitting to the tester that you are very nervous; it could clear the air and help you relax.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I remember that the officer that gave me my driver's test kept trying to encourgage me to not come to a complete stop at stop signs. I thought that was pretty lousy for a new driver who was a bit nervous, anyway. His tactics didn't work!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread