+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6256Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    I doubt there's a person alive that hasn't seen footage of girls screaming at the Beatles. This morning I saw Sheri on The View squealing like a pig when presented with a basketball. I can easily conjure images of women/girls locked together jumping about while screaming. Perhaps none of the women here do it, but I can't imagine no one has experienced the phenomenon.

This is not an indictment, it's just an observation of something that baffles me.
    Teenage girls often scream or squeal a lot when they are in a pack and something exciting happens. Mature women do not scream in that context. At least, none that I know. Although, like Pikachu, the sight of a big ugly bug would probably have me screamng!
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    For my very first download EVER to youtube (hope it's permitted here): Here you go! I'm the short, gray-haired lady who walks across from right to left just before the music starts, and I spend most of my time on the left side, close to the front. I still haven't caught my breath.
    OMG, that was seriously the most fun I have watched in a long time!!! Thanks so much for sharing AZChristian. And my goodness, you can move!!!
    AZChristian and Photobabe like this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'm back to work today after being off for two days due to bronchitis. I seem to get that every year at this time, either January or February. We had a mild winter up until recently so I thought I was going to escape it this year but no such luck. My doctor put me on a stronger inhaler than I usually use and I'm slowly getting better.

I won some lottery tickets from a local tv station! My friend who goes walking with me won the same contest last week and since I was home yesterday, she called and urged me to enter the drawing. I ended up being one of the three winners! I won $35 from the lottery tickets I won. It would have been nice if it was more than that but that's at least more money than I had before the contest! There's going to be another drawing from all the people who won so my friend and I each have a chance of winning more. I hope I don't have to split the money with her if I win!! Maybe I'll just buy her lunch and a thank you card if I win the big drawing, haha! Heck, I might even spring for flowers, too, depending on how much I win.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Okay, creative minds . . . help!

My husband is going to be 72 in a couple of weeks. I'm focusing on the "6 dozen" (72) concept. He's already agreed to take in 6 dozen cookies to put in the break room that day with a sign that says they're "in honor of _____'s 6 dozenth birthday."

There's not enough room in his office for 72 balloons, but I thought about either 6 "12" balloons or a "7" and a "2" . . . any other ideas?????

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

You could put 72 small birthday candles in a glass jar and attach a note saying "Be thankful you don't have to blow all of these out!".

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I LOVE the color, which was what I was most curious about. Now, I'm wishing that GMA would put one or two of them on Steals and Deals! I'm guessing that they could force my hand to purchase! It wouldn't be anywhere near $25, but it would be at a significant discount. YOU DID GOOD!
    There's one on ebay with the bidding at $22.00 but then there's shipping. Gotta watch ebay for the deals sometimes they come as good as this one.
    Harveys Original Seatbelt Medium Tote Espresso Excellent Condition | eBay

You could have a dozen balloons or a dozen something delivered each day, the 5 days prior to his Birthday. On the 6th day, his Birthday, have something special delivered or planned.
    pikachu and AZChristian like this.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    You could have a dozen balloons or a dozen something delivered each day, the 5 days prior to his Birthday. On the 6th day, his Birthday, have something special delivered or planned.
    I like this idea! (balloons, chocolates, flowers, muffins, pens, chocolate-dipped strawberries, dancing girls (well, I'm not sure about this one).

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    I like this idea! (balloons, chocolates, flowers, muffins, pens, chocolate-dipped strawberries, dancing girls (well, I'm not sure about this one).
    One year I had one of his coworkers sneak a birthday card from me onto his desk every time he left the area. She said it was funny watching him sit down, then look up and around to see if I was hiding somewhere. I also told him I was going to have a stripper show up at his office one year. Then I gift-wrapped a can of paint stripper and had that put on his desk with a note that said, "This is the stripper I promised you!" One of our friends was the Human Resources manager, and he went into her office with a serious face and said, "I guess you heard about the stripper my wife sent for my birthday." She went absolutely pale until he burst out laughing and showed her the package.

Orneriness: the best attitude of the elderly.
    prhoshay and inthegarden like this.

Oh, you're too funny!
    AZChristian likes this.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread