+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7280Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Weatherwise, I don't have much to complain about, comparatively speaking. We tend to fluctuate like a roller coaster with very close, steep hills. Monday it was 60; the next several days it was 20, 30, and 35; I'll be looking at 60 again on Friday, 30, 40 this weekend. Rain, maybe....no snow; wind events thrown in for extra measure. I'm getting sick of having to travel across the yard several times/week to get my garbage cans. Small price to pay, compared to a lot of the rest of the country. Of course, tornadoes are not out of the question.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    If any of you fine folks in the cold regions of the world could send some freezing weather my way, I'd totally appreciate it. We haven't had an overnight freeze all winter (typically we have 4 to 6 freezing nights a winter), and the mosquitoes are back with a vengeance. I just took the dog out for a bathroom break and got four bites. It's freakin' February. I'll be dead from West Nile by the end of June at this rate.

As regards the silly screaming, I don't do it, don't get it, and never will. If I have to think about the last time I exclaimed anything all *that* loudly, it was when the big tree branch took out a 4 foot section of my roof in a fast moving rain storm. I'd like to think that isn't terribly girly. I can't imagine guys would like the prospect of a ton of rain falling in their computer room either.
    I'm dreading summer too. I know we are going to be eaten alive this summer. After all the rain and not much freezing weather the mosquitoes, flies, fleas and ticks are going to be terrible. I've had to start 2 months early on the insect prevention for the outside animals.

I'm female, and I've never been a screamer/squealer.
    That sound annoys the hell out of me. I have superpower sensitive hearing partly because of my linguistic training, partly because of fibromyalgia. Whenever I hear screams/squeals from anyone, my reaction is "STFU!!!" and a strong desire to throw a rock at the screamer/squealer. And the events of the past few months have made me more sensitive to sound and crankier.
    Uncle David and inthegarden like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Here's a tip: don't ever become a lifeguard.
    Ellen, Lil Bit, MiaT2 and 3 others like this.
    Count your blessings!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Hey, all . . .

I'm on my last full day on the Crown Princess, heading northwest from Cozumel to Galveston. I am SO excited! One of the things on my bucket list is "participate in a flash mob." We're having a flash mob dance tonight in the main atrium of the ship. About 8:15. Y'all come!

(I'll be the old short old lady in sequined black high-top tennis shoes, trying not to have a heart attack! It's pretty strenuous. We go all the way from YMCA to gangnem style, with a little bit of Beyonce thrown in.)

Oh man! I wish I could see that. If there is video, send us a link. And good on ya for being such a good sport.
    Ellen and AZChristian like this.
    Count your blessings!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

AZ, I hope it was a fun and someone got it on video!

I'll take the cold from everywhere, but no snow. Not that I'd object to a snow day, but we don't need any more water. We're at over 20 inches of rain for the year and another big storm is rolling through. And to throw some comic relief on that, the cable company aired an emergency alert...consisting of the cable box flashing "EAS" and a minute of QVC, not the actual warning.
    AZChristian likes this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Hey, all . . .

I'm on my last full day on the Crown Princess, heading northwest from Cozumel to Galveston. I am SO excited! One of the things on my bucket list is "participate in a flash mob." We're having a flash mob dance tonight in the main atrium of the ship. About 8:15. Y'all come!

(I'll be the old short old lady in sequined black high-top tennis shoes, trying not to have a heart attack! It's pretty strenuous. We go all the way from YMCA to gangnem style, with a little bit of Beyonce thrown in.)
    How fun! Enjoy your last full day on board. I love cruising!
    AZChristian likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Hey, all . . .

I LOVE group/audience participation events!!! I am always whole-heartedly IN!!! Just TRY to keep me out of the mix or off that stage!!!! That ain't gonna happen!!

There is nothing more fun than getting up and, unexpectedly, getting involved!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 02-22-2013 at 10:56 PM.
    AZChristian and Debb70 like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

OK, here's my latest issue.....I have had the same computer since the year 2000! It is a Dell desktop, and it has served me well, but it is time to replace this grouchy machine. Enough already!! I've never owned a laptop, but that is a definite consideration. I like the fact that nobody's going to try to carry off my desktop, should the unthinkable happen. I am a Dell fan; a friend wants me to consider an HP which doesn't seem to get good reviews. Her main issue with Dell is the customer service people that she can't understand! I've done fairly well with them, but I also seemed to have figured out when to call to talk to people who sound more like me. Not an issue for me.

FoRT Family, I am looking for input! I've never even played with a laptop. I have been advised to go to Sam's Club when I'm ready to buy.

+ Reply to Thread