+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5866Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    Thanks! That's what I figured.

For some reason we boys throw rocks. No rhyme or reason, we just throw rocks. It's a 'boy thing'... you wouldn't understand!
    Having raised a son I can vouch for this. My son threw rocks all the time. He could stand for long periods of time and just throw rocks. When I washed his clothes I had to check his pockets for rocks. If I wasn't observant, some would end up in the vacuum cleaner. My understanding is, he did/does a lot of heavy thinking and daydreaming while throwing rocks.
    I'm not a squealer, but I do snap dead twigs or small dead sticks when I'm outside concentrating on a landscape design.
    Uncle David likes this.

I don't squeal/shriek/scream - I throw things at other things. None of my girlfriends are squealers either as I don't particularly enjoy the company of squealers, and all of us go about our business without having to have attention drawn to us. I will, however, actually say the word "squee" when I am particularly pleased by something adorable. Finley sitting in a box that's too small for him? Squeeeeeeee!!!
    Cootie likes this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Boys and sticks seem to be a natural connection, too. A co-worker of mine sent me home with a stick for my son, and that thing lived at the house for a couple of months. I remember him sitting on the steps, with a dangling string tied to one end of the stick, rocking back and forth saying, "I'm gonna catch me a CATfish!" The kitties were going wild! "lol

He'd always store that stupid stick just outside one of the doors so that he could grab it when he went out.

Sticks never appealed to me.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm not a screamer, and my daughter isn't either, but boys and rocks? Yeah, got that one. I remember having to replace a window in our neighbors house because my youngest son threw a rock through it. When we asked him why he did it, he just gave this blank look and said, "I don't know." I was not pleased.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

I'm not a screamer and neither is my daughter. Now that she is an elementary school teacher I find it interesting that one of her very successful classroom management techniques is to get very quiet when the class is too loud. It works!!! They quiet down in order to hear her.
    Lil Bit likes this.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

If any of you fine folks in the cold regions of the world could send some freezing weather my way, I'd totally appreciate it. We haven't had an overnight freeze all winter (typically we have 4 to 6 freezing nights a winter), and the mosquitoes are back with a vengeance. I just took the dog out for a bathroom break and got four bites. It's freakin' February. I'll be dead from West Nile by the end of June at this rate.

As regards the silly screaming, I don't do it, don't get it, and never will. If I have to think about the last time I exclaimed anything all *that* loudly, it was when the big tree branch took out a 4 foot section of my roof in a fast moving rain storm. I'd like to think that isn't terribly girly. I can't imagine guys would like the prospect of a ton of rain falling in their computer room either.
    Ellen and Cootie like this.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    If any of you fine folks in the cold regions of the world could send some freezing weather my way, I'd totally appreciate it. We haven't had an overnight freeze all winter (typically we have 4 to 6 freezing nights a winter), and the mosquitoes are back with a vengeance. I just took the dog out for a bathroom break and got four bites. It's freakin' February. I'll be dead from West Nile by the end of June at this rate.

As regards the silly screaming, I don't do it, don't get it, and never will. If I have to think about the last time I exclaimed anything all *that* loudly, it was when the big tree branch took out a 4 foot section of my roof in a fast moving rain storm. I'd like to think that isn't terribly girly. I can't imagine guys would like the prospect of a ton of rain falling in their computer room either.
    I will send you some, no worries
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Mosquitoes in February!? Yikes! PG, I'm in CA, but we're still dipping down towards freezing at night. I'd happily share some of that with you!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

We're expecting another foot of snow tomorrow night. Would you like some of that, too?
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    We're expecting another foot of snow tomorrow night. Would you like some of that, too?
    I have some, thank you very much.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread