+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6792Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

No screaming here.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    I have a question, and this seems to be the most likely forum to get an answer. "Why do women/girls scream so much?"
    There seems to be this trend, with the last 10-15 years, for (usually) young women to do a high pitched screech in unison instead of yelling when acting excited. I think it's all a part of the "look at me" attitude.

I find it very very annoying. I'd like to smack them quiet or stuff a dirty sock in their mouths.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I had my taxes done at H&R Block today. Same ancient crone who does them every year. When she was all done and had sent them electronically, I asked why I got $3,000 back last year and only $140 this year. She compared and realized she hadn't put in my credits for my daughter's college bills. This after I had had an entire conversation with her about whether I needed to change my witholding since she graduates this year and won't be a dependent anymore. She gave excuses about being tired. Now I have to wait until my refunds are deposited so she can file an amendment. Fiddlesticks.
    Count your blessings!

I went to H & R Block for many years. I had the same tax gal & really liked her. She just seemed really thorough. Then she retired & I got someone else. The price over doubled, and for no reason. Nothing had changed about my income/tax forms needed/job or anything else. Plus I had gotten a $50.00 coupon in the mail & she came up with a lame excuse why I couldn't use it. I even called the 800 number to complain about that - they said they'd get back to me & take care of it, but nothing happened.
    That was the last time I ever walked in their door.

I got a new tax gal (CPA) & she's cheaper, asks questions, looks things up if she doesn't know off the top of her head, does a fine job, & gets me in quickly even if I procrastinate.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    I have a question, and this seems to be the most likely forum to get an answer. "Why do women/girls scream so much?"
    I don't know - but my Mom says it is too look stupid. She never did, actually she told me once that her and her friend Audrey went to see Johnny Ray and Audrey started screaming with some others and my Mom told her to shut the heck up because she couldn't hear Johnny Ray.. (she didn't say heck!)
    Uncle David and inthegarden like this.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

There was a 3 year old girl who moved in with the family next door to me who would just run down the street screaming/screeching, all agiggle; when I asked why she did that, her mother told me that she just loved to chase the birds. I was watching some show where a little girl, about 3 years old, ran through the house screaming at the top of her vocal cords....she said, while she was giggling, "I just LOVE to scream!"

It's a "girl thing"......you wouldn't understand! I don't, either, though!
    Uncle David likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

My two little girls (aged 2 and 4) scream ALL.THE.TIME. I can't stop them. It's like their exuberance just comes out. I always said that if I ever had kids, I wasn't going to have any screamy ones. Yeah right. I myself don't get all worked up like that. Although, I do a fair amount of screaming in my house to be heard over my screaming children. :p
    inthegarden likes this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

As long as they are joyful screams, they really do not bother me.

Is the better word "squeal.' They cannot contain their joy so they squeal.
    You can do it!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Not even when they go through your head like a knife???? These people can just run in circles and just shriek....giggling, the whole time!!! Have you ever noticed how frequently the shrieks are accompanined by their little demon giggles??
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    It's a "girl thing"......you wouldn't understand!
    Thanks! That's what I figured.

For some reason we boys throw rocks. No rhyme or reason, we just throw rocks. It's a 'boy thing'... you wouldn't understand!
    just1paul, Hyper and inthegarden like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

+ Reply to Thread