+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5768Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I'm heading out this morning for two days of driving by myself. I'll be checking in from the hotels each night, so you kids behave!!!
    Have a safe trip. You too.
    AZChristian likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I am doing my Snoopy Happy Dance because my chocolate dipped strawberries have been delivered!!!

I'm taking him to a basketball game this weekend.....and I HATE basketball!!! A friend gave me a great deal on the price since she couldn't go.....the price was $FREE!!!!! I'm even going to put on my "excited face"!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Best of luck with the new job, PG, and I'll keep positive thoughts for you to find a great position, BB! Someone told me once that when you go to an interview, you should imagine yourself coming to work every day to that building, where you'll get coffee and go to lunch, etc., and I think there is something to that.

Shay, you can have all of my Buttered Popcorn Jelly Bellys for all time!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!
    beerbelly likes this.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Wow, life seems to be going by in a blur lately. I've been so busy! Besides finding time to exercise and running errands with friends, my dad was visiting this weekend, plus things at work have really taken off. During the holidays, there was hardly any work going out but since last week, every time I pass by my inbox shelf, there's a stack of letters waiting to go out.

So if I don't seem to be around the forum as much, it's not because I don't care about y'all anymore. I'm probably just too busy to make a post!
    Debb70 likes this.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

Post when you can! It's good to be busy sometimes. I'm enjoying my week as a slug.
    Hyper and Lizard like this.
    Count your blessings!

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I have a question, and this seems to be the most likely forum to get an answer. "Why do women/girls scream so much?"
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    I have a question, and this seems to be the most likely forum to get an answer. "Why do women/girls scream so much?"
    I'm a woman, and I don't think I scream at all. In what context do you believe women/girls scream a lot? Out of anger? Fear? Something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    Hilarious!! I can't speak for anyone else, but I hate to scream/yell. However, in my house, it seems like that is the only way someone listens to me or hears me. Outside of my house, I can't tell you the last time I screamed/yelled!

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I doubt there's a person alive that hasn't seen footage of girls screaming at the Beatles. This morning I saw Sheri on The View squealing like a pig when presented with a basketball. I can easily conjure images of women/girls locked together jumping about while screaming. Perhaps none of the women here do it, but I can't imagine no one has experienced the phenomenon.

This is not an indictment, it's just an observation of something that baffles me.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

The only time I scream and wish I didn't is when I see a bug (like a big old cockroach or palmetto bug). I'm not sure if it's because it startles me or because I think they're gross but it's an involuntary response and really gets on my nerves. I also usually throw up after squashing them or shooing them out of the house.

The other times women scream or squeal, like when they see something cute, I assume is social conditioning. We've been trained to act a certain way in certain situations. I'm not that much of a girly-girl so I try to avoid doing that but then people seem to think there's something wrong or I didn't like something they gave me when I don't give a huge emotional response.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

+ Reply to Thread