+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6169Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

48 years, AZChristian! How marvelous!

We don't go out to dinner, either; I prefer cooking something special for dinner on Valentine's Day. Hubby will get a card and a box of Russell Stover nut and chewy chocolates. Sometimes I switch it up and get him butter toffee, which he loves. I give my one son who still lives at home a box of chocolates too. No grandchildren yet to pamper. Hubby will either get me chocolates or flowers and definitely a card. I am a big card person and early on I let him know that I don't care about a gift but I really like to receive cards.

Most holidays these days are too commercialized but it's nice to be remembered with a token, I would think.
    Ellen and AZChristian like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    48 years, AZChristian! How marvelous!

We don't go out to dinner, either; I prefer cooking something special for dinner on Valentine's Day. Hubby will get a card and a box of Russell Stover nut and chewy chocolates. Sometimes I switch it up and get him butter toffee, which he loves. I give my one son who still lives at home a box of chocolates too. No grandchildren yet to pamper. Hubby will either get me chocolates or flowers and definitely a card. I am a big card person and early on I let him know that I don't care about a gift but I really like to receive cards.

Most holidays these days are too commercialized but it's nice to be remembered with a token, I would think.
    I like cards from hubby, flowers not so much .Tulips if there an any flowers. But I got some for myself the other day . I hate cooking, even for this day .I do switch it up, Boston Pizza does a heart shape pizza
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I LOVE Valentine's Day! I make homemade cards in the form of collage for everyone I love... immediate family, extended family, friends, neighbors, old neighbors, male friends I like to flirt with, co-workers, etc. I make about 60-70 each year. I think about the person as I create it and how they came in to my life, and how much I love them. I haven't been in a romantic relationship in a very long time, so reminding myself that there are a lot of people who love me is a good thing.
    Count your blessings!

I always bake a Red Velvet Cake for Valentine's Day
    Ellen likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think I'd better buy myself a little bag of Jelly Bellys, just in case there are no strawberries. Too bad they can't be a bag of ALL Buttered Popcorn Jelly Bellys! One way or another, I Will Get A Treat!!!
    Debb70 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    I'm comin' over...
    inthegarden likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I think I'd better buy myself a little bag of Jelly Bellys, just in case there are no strawberries. Too bad they can't be a bag of ALL Buttered Popcorn Jelly Bellys! One way or another, I Will Get A Treat!!!
    Our little IGA grocery store sells Jelly Bellys in bulk and Buttered Popcorn, I think, if I remember correctly, is one of the bulk flavors.
    Hey, let me via PM know if you want me to go on a BPJB mission. I can get them on our next grocery run, and them mail them via USPS flat-rate box.
    AZChristian likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Sorry for changing the subject but I had a juicer that I juice my lemons with and I dropped the plastic top and broke it some time ago and so I was making do with it til I remembered to get another one. So today I was getting a box ready to mail and I needed a smaller box to put some jelly in to go into the bigger box so my husband and i went out to the garage to see if we could find one and he got this box out that I thought had a light fixture in it and I started pulling it out and it was a brand new electric juicer and and there was another electric juicer that has been used in the bigger box my husband had them in. I have no idea where we got them. We have some rentals and they could have came out of one of them or a storage unit I bought one time but hey I am doubly blessed. Sometimes the liitle things mean a lot and the new one that was in the box was marked half price when bought. Praise the Lord for my new juicer.
    Ellen, just1paul, justCoz and 6 others like this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    I'm with Ellen, I will be over as well
    I saw some little mini red velvet cakes. I could have eaten the lot!
    inthegarden likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Red Velvet cake has never agreed with me. Things just start happening that shouldn't!

Why me?????
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread