+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6195Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

It's called "Totally Toddler", and it is great for all kinds of spots.
    Does it work for a blemish on one's record?
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2162378;
    Since you are about to have a baby...there is a product that I really believe in. It's called "Totally Toddler", and it is great for all kinds of spots. They made it with baby clothes in mind (tunnel vision), but it works on everything. When my son was a soft drinking nut (loved Big Red), he had several stains in his white shirts despite multiple washings, but I couldn't get rid of them until I used the "Totally Toddler". A friend of mine had a gravy stain on her white linen, holiday tablecloth for about 5 years, and couldn't get rid of it. She said she would always just place something over it when she had people in. She used the Totally Toddler, and it vanished! She was amazed...so was I. It is sold at Toys R Us in the baby section, last I saw, and you need to follow the directions as closely as possible, and wash your items in water as warm as your clothes will tolerate. You can save favorite baby clothes, as well as your own. I keep a jug on hand.
    How is it I've never heard of this before? I've used Goo Gone for years, but sometimes that doesn't work on certain stains. Totally Toddler sounds like something I need to keep on hand. Thanks for the suggestion.

Well, we broke down and bought an artificial tree at Costco last weekend, and we're thrilled. Because of the discussions upthread, while at the store we took a bulb out to see if the other lights would stay lit, and they did, so we got it. It's so great not to have to worry about crawling under the tree daily to water it, and we can put it up when we want, and take it down when we want, instead of trying to decide how long a live tree will last.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

A couple people I know swear by OxyClean or whatever. They've gotten really dark or old stains out of linens and antique tablecloths with it, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid;2162731;
    How is it I've never heard of this before? I've used Goo Gone for years, but sometimes that doesn't work on certain stains. Totally Toddler sounds like something I need to keep on hand. Thanks for the suggestion.

Well, we broke down and bought an artificial tree at Costco last weekend, and we're thrilled. Because of the discussions upthread, while at the store we took a bulb out to see if the other lights would stay lit, and they did, so we got it. It's so great not to have to worry about crawling under the tree daily to water it, and we can put it up when we want, and take it down when we want, instead of trying to decide how long a live tree will last.
    That's exactly why I LOVE my artificial tree, roseskid. We like ours up a long time, because we love the Christmas season..goes way too quickly! We had ours up the day after Thanksgiving.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;2163522;
    That's exactly why I LOVE my artificial tree, roseskid. We like ours up a long time, because we love the Christmas season..goes way too quickly! We had ours up the day after Thanksgiving.
    Angelic_one! Yes, it's been grand. However, every morning when I come downstairs I still catch myself thinking I should check the water level. We originally bought a 6' tree because I'm not a big spender, but after we got it home we changed our minds and upgraded to the 9' because we've got vaulted ceilings and it just looked better. Our college daughter has always hated the idea of an artificial tree, but since she's gone now and we're the ones doing the dirty work, she lost her vote.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy;2163298;
    A couple people I know swear by OxyClean or whatever. They've gotten really dark or old stains out of linens and antique tablecloths with it, etc.
    I have a knit top that I bought off a sale rack about five years ago. It's a nice top and I like it a lot but it had a small, finger nail size, rust like stain on the back shoulder blade area. I just wore it anyway but usually unde a jacket. One of my friends was talkig about OxyClean and I wondered aloud if it would work on my top. She gave me a small jar full and I used it. That spot disappeared. I use it often now, especially on the kids t shirts. I wore that top constantly this summer.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I love Oxyclean, too. I've used it for years. The science behind it made sense to me. It is great for carpet stains, too.

With the Totally Toddler, you may want to use it more than once if the stain is persistant.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I also use Oxyclean a lot and it has never failed me.

When I was at my granddaughter's baby shower, someone gave a bottle of Dreft stain remover. There is a laundry detergent, Dreft, that is supposed to be great for washing baby laundry. (News to me!) All the women were raving about this Dreft stuff. So I decided to buy some and keep it on hand for when I had the baby visiting us. I also decided to use it on some of our old baby clothes that were still in great condition.

I had one particularly grossly stained sleeper (I was not planning on giving it to the baby!) I just wanted to see if Dreft would get out this really, really old stain. I was floored when it came out of the wash looking brand-spanking new!

Now I keep a bottle on hand and use it often for any kind of stain. It really works!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;2164318;
    There is a laundry detergent, Dreft, that is supposed to be great for washing baby laundry.
    I've been using this instead of Woolite for years on my delicates! I had read somewhere that it was intended for baby clothes, so I figured it must be good for adult clothes as well. The detergent works great, so I will have to try your tip. Thanks all!

And now for something completely different . . .

I just got back from the Wichita Grand Opera's performance of La Traviata, and I am completely blown away by the soprano, Cristina Nassif (that's her in my avatar.) Aside from being a beautiful woman , she has a wonderful voice and good stage presence. She more than made up for the tenor's voice getting lost behind the orchestration. If and when she returns to this neck of the woods, I'm springing for seats much closer to the stage
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

+ Reply to Thread