+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

There is not much chance of planes flying tomorrow. It isn't supposed to stop until Sat. eve. There will also be a huge backlog of flights canceled today, so no switching flights or flying standby. If she doesn't get out by noon today, she probably won't get out until Sunday or Monday. Call and check the flights before heading to the airport.
    Count your blessings!

In January of 2000, we (Raleigh, NC) received 24 inches of snow! IT was technically labled a blizzard! I love snow, but that was ridiculous. I feel for those who have to experience it. LOTS of people lost their power and most could not get out to get anything.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Oh my gosh, Debb, that's an awful lot of snow for anywhere, let alone a southern state of North Carolina! Well, last night's forecast of 12-18 inches for Long Island, NY has been downgraded right now to 6-10 inches. I woke up to a dusting of snow and now we have rain. It's supposed to change over to snow around sunset. We will just have to wait and see. After Hurricane Sandy's loss of power we ordered a diesel generator. Hub has it hard wired in the detached garage. It's ready to go with a flip of the switch. It will power the entire house but all I care about is the heat, hot water, and enough electric for the coffeemaker.
    inthegarden, Photobabe and Debb70 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Oh my gosh, Debb, that's an awful lot of snow for anywhere, let alone a southern state of North Carolina! Well, last night's forecast of 12-18 inches for Long Island, NY has been downgraded right now to 6-10 inches. I woke up to a dusting of snow and now we have rain. It's supposed to change over to snow around sunset. We will just have to wait and see. After Hurricane Sandy's loss of power we ordered a diesel generator. Hub has it hard wired in the detached garage. It's ready to go with a flip of the switch. It will power the entire house but all I care about is the heat, hot water, and enough electric for the coffeemaker.
    Yes, it was VERY bizarre for us. Everyone was in shock. We had some warning, but it came late. I was enroute to Duke Medical Center, about 20 minutes away, when it hit. My dad was rushed their for emergency by-pass surgery! We hold up at a hotel across from the hospital for a week! What a memory.

Eastcoastmom, I hate to sound bossy, but please make sure you have proper ventilation with that generator in your garage. I've read some sad stories of how they can cause carbon monoxide to build up if not properly ventilated. Stay safe! It's good to know you will have power if needed. Loss of power is just horrible.

We've had several power outage storms in the last couple of years, but I'm all set if it happens. I have a wood stove and a good supply of candles. My Kindle is charged and I have lots of canned food. I'll have to keep an eye on my elderly neighbor. She has family in town, but I've had to rescue her before.
    Count your blessings!

Now we have a travel ban. If you're caught out driving on the roads you'll be arrested. $500 fine and possible jail time.
    Count your blessings!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Mayor of Boston is saying people should plan to be snowed in for 2 days. Doesn't sound promising.

I caught up on laundry today because my dryer exhaust will be covered.
    Count your blessings!

My daughter is at her coworker's mom's house. They are trying to rebook their flight but it may take a while to leave Boston. I am glad she is in an okay place and not stranded.
    inthegarden and Eastcoastmom like this.

Glad to hear she's safe. It may take a while for her to get a flight out.
    I haven't lost electricity (yet) but half a million here have. I just took a peek outside with a flashlight and the cats won't be going out their basement window escape route any time in the near future. So glad I brought wood into the mud room because I'd hate to have to get to my wood pile right now. My neighbor came and cut more wood in half for me to use yesterday. I urged him to take more for himself, too. His grandson came in while he was working and we played with my cast iron mechanical banks.
    Cootie and inthegarden like this.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread