+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5779Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I second Miss Scarlet. I believe that she will think of you when she is in the dress.

I agree that she does not need the drama on one of the most special days in her life. Maybe there will be other chances to heal. You do not have to forgive to find peace. You can accept this is a person you do not want to be around but will ignore and not say anything for the sake of the peace of others (and really yours). There is no need to traumatize yourself by talking to them or digging up old bones. It is up to the wrong people to apologize. And if these ones ever do, you can say thank you for the apology.

Hugs Gutmutter. I sew too. I know it is a very special thing you have given her to make her happy.
    You can do it!

FORT Fogey

I have a gum boil. I had one before, at the base of the botched root canal. This one is at the base of the tooth next to the botched root canal. I read that gum boils are caused by a weakened immune system, (along with the fact that the root canal was botched). My immune system must have been weakened by my infected gums. I mixed an equal amount of salt and baking soda in water, and dipped a cotton ball in the mixture, and put it on the boil. I read that the cotton ball should be left there for four hours. I did talk to a dentist about redoing the root canal. He said that the canals are too narrow, too close to my nasal area, and, he doesn't like to redo root canals. Along with the main root canal, (or canals), in each tooth, there are many secondary branches off of each main root, like the branches of a tree. I haven't seen any other dentists about the tooth. I wouldn't want to see a regular dentist, but a "biological" dentist. Some dentists, for example, think that fluoride and mercury fillings are fine... while others are more holistic.

Gutmutter, I love this -

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I think it's very giving of you that you are doing what makes it easiest for her. Sometimes we have to put our children's wishes first even if it hurts like crazy. Hopefully wearing the dress her mother made for her will make her feel close to you. Keep that in mind. It's kind of like the dress can give her a mother's hug.
    Hugs to you.
    I helped with 4 weddings for my sibs the four years before I got married to my husband. Two of those elaborate weddings did not work out. My husband and I were living out in the woods in southern Oregon at the time and we wanted to have a simple wedding. His parents were deceased and mine had lots going on at the time. We studied the weather and decided it was a good time to drive to Nevada and get married. We called my parents, my mom was on jury duty and my dad had a business trip so it would be rough for them to get away at the last minute. They were fine with our plan. We drove to Carson City and got married by a Justice of the Peace. We didn't even know what day it was until we looked at the certificate. 5 weeks later we visited my family in Southern California. They surprised me with a bridal shower and we had a wonderful family wedding reception on Christmas Eve. It was perfect for us. My husband and I have been together for 37 years! Gutmutter, you are a good mom to let her do what she needs to do. And it is lovely that you sewed her dress. My daughter expects me to do the same. As for me, I got married in pants! All those years playing with my Barbie and Ken in their wedding clothes, oh well...I did work in a wedding hat factory for a while so got my wedding finery fix way back in the 80's.
    shyra, MiaT2, inthegarden and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie View Post
    Gutmutter, I love this -

I helped with 4 weddings for my sibs the four years before I got married to my husband. Two of those elaborate weddings did not work out. My husband and I were living out in the woods in southern Oregon at the time and we wanted to have a simple wedding. His parents were deceased and mine had lots going on at the time. We studied the weather and decided it was a good time to drive to Nevada and get married. We called my parents, my mom was on jury duty and my dad had a business trip so it would be rough for them to get away at the last minute. They were fine with our plan. We drove to Carson City and got married by a Justice of the Peace. We didn't even know what day it was until we looked at the certificate. 5 weeks later we visited my family in Southern California. They surprised me with a bridal shower and we had a wonderful family wedding reception on Christmas Eve. It was perfect for us. My husband and I have been together for 37 years! Gutmutter, you are a good mom to let her do what she needs to do. And it is lovely that you sewed her dress. My daughter expects me to do the same. As for me, I got married in pants! All those years playing with my Barbie and Ken in their wedding clothes, oh well...I did work in a wedding hat factory for a while so got my wedding finery fix way back in the 80's.
    Our wedding was a "shoestring" deal one day.
    Our MARRIAGE based on teamwork, being best friends, love no matter what, and has been through many tough times (cancer being the latest) is going on 19 years.
    #priorities
    Last edited by Ellen; 02-07-2013 at 12:44 AM.
    prhoshay, shyra, Cootie and 2 others like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

So many people never really think about the marriage, choosing to focus on the wedding and the superficialities.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    My daughter is "eloping" to avoid having her dad's wife at her wedding, but wanted me to make her wedding dress. I just finished it and mailed it to her at the post office. I cried on the way home.
    Not to pry, but based on the history, why doesn't she have the wedding and not invite her dad and his wife. Everyone would understand, right? I'm not one to hold grudges, but hers is a very special set of circumstances.

Do you think your daughter is holding this position in respect for you? Does she feel she owes you this position in light of the way you were disrespected?

In answer to your first question, she loves her dad and would never have a wedding without inviting him. He's fighting cancer now, so another reason to keep it low key. As to the second question, no. She hates this woman on her own. The woman has been very rude to her and said hateful things.
    Count your blessings!

Not to make light of the massive blizzard that's about to hit, but the gov. of Mass. is on talking about blizzard prep. and talking about the wind and possibility of branches breaking... the signing interpreter is going whole hog with dramatic gestures.
    Now he's talking about cross-country skiing during the blizzard of '78! Make it stop!
    Count your blessings!

My daughter is in Boston right now at a workshop. Is there a possibility that she is not flying to the west coast on Saturday?

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie View Post
    My daughter is in Boston right now at a workshop. Is there a possibility that she is not flying to the west coast on Saturday?
    Gutmutter could probably answer you better than I, Cootie, but I know the snowstorm is supposed to be pretty severe for the tristate are of NY< NJ< CT. I would think there would be lots of delays and cancellations at the airports.

+ Reply to Thread