+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7289Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Reminds me of Joseph and the Technicolor Dream Coat and, except for the color, Les Mis (which I've only seen in black and white).
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    It was one of those cliche situations where she was my best friend, cheated, broke up the family, married him after the divorce... this daughter was in middle school (read: totally aware and judgemental) at the time and will never forgive her. Her dad has terminal cancer and still won't meet with her if the new wife isn't included. Sad, I know, but I understand why she doesn't want her "stepmother" involved. Still... I'd like to be at my daughter's wedding.
    This is none of my business, but is there any reason you can't coincidentally be in the city where they're getting married on just that same date?

It's a slippery slope... if they let me come, then other family members and friends would want to be there, too.
    Count your blessings!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

It's a slippery slope... if they let me come, then other family members and friends would want to be there, too.
    But you're her MOM, her only mom. A mom who so lovingly sewed a wedding dress for her daughter. When a person elopes, doesn't he/she need a witness? Perhaps you can be your daughter's witness and nobody's nose can get out of joint. I hate that you won't be there to watch your daughter marry.
    Lizard likes this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

What a terrible situation. I'm so sorry. It's a shame that everyone has to miss it because Dad is so inflexible. No winners here, sadly.

I appreciate everyone's concern, but I'm resigned to the situation.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Since they are going to elope anyway, why could they not just quietly elope to YOUR house? Nobody else has to know.
    just1paul likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

My daughter is "eloping" to avoid having her dad's wife at her wedding, but wanted me to make her wedding dress. I just finished it and mailed it to her at the post office. I cried on the way home.
    {{hugs}}
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I think it's very giving of you that you are doing what makes it easiest for her. Sometimes we have to put our children's wishes first even if it hurts like crazy. Hopefully wearing the dress her mother made for her will make her feel close to you. Keep that in mind. It's kind of like the dress can give her a mother's hug.
    Hugs to you.
    Lil Bit, Jamie5632, Lizard and 2 others like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I love that - thanks!
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread