+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6576Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

OMG, I LOVE J.Jill. I do most of my shopping through them. A little pricey, but quality clothing in large sizes, which is hard to find. They tend to do a color theme each season, which is great if I like the theme... you can mix and match from the whole catalogue, but when they go celery, or strange pinks, they lose me. They always have black and white, and other neutral tones, though.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    OMG, I LOVE J.Jill. I do most of my shopping through them. A little pricey, but quality clothing in large sizes, which is hard to find. They tend to do a color theme each season, which is great if I like the theme... you can mix and match from the whole catalogue, but when they go celery, or strange pinks, they lose me. They always have black and white, and other neutral tones, though.
    I love their sweaters! This winter I have become a fan of tunic length sweaters with skinny jeans and boots, and they have had some really great sweaters for this style!

I have learned to be patient when it comes to the prices. Whatever item I have my eye on is sure to go on sale eventually. And then once it goes on sale, if I wait just a *little* bit longer they will probably have a 30% of sale items sale!!
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 01-31-2013 at 01:32 PM.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I like J.Jill's quality, but I find their sizing to be wonky. This Christmas my mother wanted some things from them, and she is a regular shopper at J.Jill.com, always getting XL in tops. Well, I got her 2 tops in the store by me and they were very huge on her, and she hasn't changed physical size. We compared what I got her for Christmas to what she bought online and there was a vast difference. It got me wondering if in store purchases (which is easier for me, since the store is less than 5 minutes away and I'm always last minute gift buying at Christmas) are sized differently from catalog purchases. I found that to be true with Vic Secret's bra sizes years ago and just gave up on catalog ordering and try everything on in the store. And then there's that J.Jill VS trench coat I have; I'm no where near a VS in any realm. I think that one was mismarked though; I got it 75% off.

There's a town nearby with a secondhand store run by an angel of an elderly woman. You get a garbage bag full of as many clothes as you want to fit in it for $10. I always find the most amazing high-end clothes there. I found a lined, silk, oyster colored trench coat once. Beautiful!
    ClosetRTWatcher likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    I like J.Jill's quality, but I find their sizing to be wonky. This Christmas my mother wanted some things from them, and she is a regular shopper at J.Jill.com, always getting XL in tops. Well, I got her 2 tops in the store by me and they were very huge on her, and she hasn't changed physical size. We compared what I got her for Christmas to what she bought online and there was a vast difference. It got me wondering if in store purchases (which is easier for me, since the store is less than 5 minutes away and I'm always last minute gift buying at Christmas) are sized differently from catalog purchases. I found that to be true with Vic Secret's bra sizes years ago and just gave up on catalog ordering and try everything on in the store. And then there's that J.Jill VS trench coat I have; I'm no where near a VS in any realm. I think that one was mismarked though; I got it 75% off.
    It's interesting that you say this, because just recently I had a problem with their sizing even though I never have in the past. I bought a tunic length sweater in the store and I got the XL because the sleeves weren't long enough on the L and the fit and hang of it looked just fine. Later on they had a great sale and I loved that sweater so much that I ordered another color in the same size online. I also ordered a different sweater in XL online because I tried a L in the store and it was tight across the chest. When I got these sweaters in the mail they were HUGE! I was positively swimming in them!! I took them to a local store to return and the woman looked at me like I was crazy for even considering an XL. I just returned the first one, but the second I re-ordered in a Med Tall so the sleeves would be long enough and it fits fine. In fact, I'm going to take it in a bit on the sides. I thought I was going crazy!

Is there a thread where they are discussing the Super Bowl? I didn't see one in Sports. Anyway, what I wanted to say is that kids from Sandy Hook Elementary School will be peforming a song at the Super Bowl PRE-SHOW. I bet that will really be touching.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Is there a thread where they are discussing the Super Bowl? I didn't see one in Sports. Anyway, what I wanted to say is that kids from Sandy Hook Elementary School will be peforming a song at the Super Bowl PRE-SHOW. I bet that will really be touching.
    Oh really??? I only watch the half time show, so this is so good to know.Thank you Debb!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Yes. Me too, so I will catch it PRE-game. I'll try to find somewhere to post it here so other won't miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    There's a town nearby with a secondhand store run by an angel of an elderly woman. You get a garbage bag full of as many clothes as you want to fit in it for $10. I always find the most amazing high-end clothes there. I found a lined, silk, oyster colored trench coat once. Beautiful!
    When I went back to school a few years back, in a neighboring town, there was a rather high end 2nd hand store. I used to go there with one of the other gals I was going to school with. We found great clothes dirt cheap. You couldn't go there with a specific item in mind, but if you were willing to spend the time to check the racks every few weeks you could find some real finds. Most for just a few dollars, some for under a dollar.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I started going there to get sweaters for my daughter's Katwise coat - Coats - but discovered how amazing it was and have gone back a few times for myself. The elderly woman who runs it has her ear to the ground as to who is truly needy in the community, so I gave her a rather large (for me) cash gift to distribute where she saw fit at Christmas. I'm so blessed in my life, I feel the need to help where I can. She's my Little Sister's great aunt.
    -OMG! That reminds me that we just passed our 9th year as a match! Thank you Big Brothers/Big Sisters for matching me with such an amazing person! Every weekend for 2 1/2 hours I can step outside of everything else that is going on in my world and match wits and laughter with my Sammy. Man, do we have fun together! She was just a little, bitty thing when we were matched, and next year she'll be graduating HS.
    Last edited by Gutmutter; 02-02-2013 at 08:28 AM.
    shyra, Hyper, nennie and 1 others like this.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread