+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6987Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I'm with you! I think you've almost got to shop the cheaper stores to find good layering tanks. You'd think that with Christmas just having passed, and Valentine's Day bearing down on us, there'd be plenty of red out there, but that would make too much sense!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I haven't checked, but maybe Old Navy?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Shay, I did a search b/c I am in the market for some white tanks. I see what you mean about finding a true red. Some are coralish, others are more raspberry. I found a link which might be good. It is 100% cotton square neck tank and the color looks like a true red to me.

NA331 BK XS - Women's Clothing, Jewelry, Fashion Accessories and Gifts for Women with a Flair of the Outdoors | NorthStyle

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    Shay, I'm kinda embarrassed to say this, but I love a layering tank and I get them at the worst places, all fast fashion terrible places like Forever 21 (though for the $9 they cost, they last about a year at best), H&M when I'm in NY, and Target. But of course they never have the color you want. Hell, I spent 2 hours looking for a dark brown golf shirt for my father at Christmas (he specified the color). Dark brown in the winter? Hell no...just crazy other colors. Next Christmas I'm sure everything will be dark brown.
    Doesn't that stuff drive you crazy? Seems like you'd have no problem finding a certain color and then, NOTHING. My cousin had a winter wedding and asked me to wear navy velvet. Sounds easy, right? Nope. Black, dark green and wine all over the place, but no navy. I only found two dresses after months of looking. Thank God one of them fit.

In my family, when you go looking for something that seem like it would be simple to find, but you strike out, we call that "Looking for a black skirt" because my mom and I went shopping for black pencil skirts many years ago and struck out over and over again. Seriously, what's more basic than a black pencil skirt? So frustrating.

I was going to suggest Old Navy for the red tank too, but they don't have much of anything in red for winter this year. I'd try Sears, Penney's, Target, any of the less expensive stores. Heck, try Amazon - at least you'll be able to search a bunch of vendors at once.
    Ellen likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Did you try Amazon? I rarely fail to find what I want there.
    Count your blessings!

Didn't see anything on the Target site. Didn't see anything on the Old Navy site. I do need to check Amazon (while I'm looking at that toothbrush! ) Haven't scanned Penney's or Sears yet, but I will.

ECM, you are lucky you are looking for white because you NEVER can't find white. What I've learned is that with the white and black, you need to buy about 4 of each instead of 1 at a time! It's like a black turtleneck....you really are smart to have more than 1 in your arsenal.

Land's End is also a good place to get basics, but the reds are always cranberry-ish, and people do complain about them not having the stronger, brighter true red. Their products are pretty good.

I also have trouble finding the grape jam/grape jelly purples. I just love my jeweltones!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Why can't I find a simple layering tank top in a strong red color??? Anybody got any suggestions? There's plenty of coral out there, and an orange-red just will not do. I am sooo frustrated! What do the manufacturers have against red???
    I'm not sure what shape you consider a "layering tank" to be, but I really like these tanks. They are great quality, fit well, and aren't too low cut. Check out the "ruby" color! Bonus that it's on sale
    Perfect tank -- J. Jill
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 01-31-2013 at 11:28 AM.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I use Google to find just about everything. You can put in a search for what you're looking for and look either in Images or Shopping to see what looks like what you want. Then go to the website the image was from to see where to get it. I was looking for a tennis bracelet for a friend's Christmas bracelet and used Google instead of looking up each store individually.

CRTW, a layering tank top is a garment that is usually worn exposed under a blouse/shirt....of course, it can also be worn for warmth. I will check J. Jill! Thanks!

pikachu I, too, use Google. It can be information overload, to say the least. There are sites that I know and trust that are pretty reliable. I'm not going to be looking from north, to south, to east, to west!! At that point, for me, it becomes time to decide on something else.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    CRTW, a layering tank top is a garment that is usually worn exposed under a blouse/shirt....of course, it can also be worn for warmth. I will check J. Jill! Thanks!
    Sorry for sounding confused. Sometimes I see the term "layering tank" to indicate that you would wear more than one of the same tank in different colors in a way that both colors are visible. So the straps would be slightly askew or one would look longer than the other. Stores like The Gap do this a lot!

The tanks at my link would be perfect for layering under a blouse/shirt, but would not be so good for layering with more tanks!

+ Reply to Thread