+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6383Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I pulled oil for a year. The first day was the worst. The rest was a piece of cake. Maybe I need to go back to that. I do not know that it did any thing then. Maybe it would make me younger now
    You can do it!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I have nothing against these home remedies, but why can't you just use floss, toothpaste, and mouthwash to clean the gums? Why is garlic and onion better than a good oral rinse that fights plaque?
    As Critical said, good oral hygiene isn't enough to clear up an infection. It was the first gum infection I ever had. What concerned me was how quickly my gums receded around the infected teeth.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I'm all in favor of natural remedies as much as possible. But I must do my motherly word of warning. If a person has any type of problem with a heart valve, a gum infection is a well-known entry point for bacteria to enter the body, attack the heart muscle and cause major problems. My daughter used to have to take an antibiotic just to lower the possibility of infection during a routine cleaning.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Once you have an infection, those things don't work to remove it. Homeopathic remedies often do. I wouldn't go for the onion or garlic (yuck!), but I've found that a poultice of baking soda and salt held against the infected gum pulls out the infection. Bee propolis mixed with Manuka honey also helps - both have anti-biotic properties. I had a gum infection about a year ago and cleared it up with the above and with warm salt water rinses. Regular dental hygiene products are preventative, but if you get an infection, they're not ameliorative.
    I read that olive oil, (along with other oils), has antibacterial properties. Lemon juice also has antibacterial properties. I made a lemon rinse with warm water and juice from half of a lemon. (I didn't add sweetener). The garlic burned my tongue when I attempted to chew it directly, so I scraped it on a vegetable peeler, before I put it in my mouth. I chewed a little, and rinsed for a few minutes with the garlic. Onion is mild, so I can chew it directly. For several days, I did all four remedies every day. I don't know which remedy, or remedies, cured my infection. I just did a search about baking soda/salt and bee propolis for gums as a remedy. It's interesting. Thanks for the tips. Here's another tip: a dentist told me not to eat or drink anything that's unusually hot or cold... to avoid cracking fillings.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

What causes a gum infection? Forewarned is forearmed, you know! Share what you know!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

c
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    What causes a gum infection? Forewarned is forearmed, you know! Share what you know!
    The office where I get my teeth cleaned doesn't send out reminder notices for cleanings. It had been a while since I had gotten my teeth cleaned. In my case, if I had gotten regular cleanings, I don't think I would have ended up with a gum infection. You should get your teeth cleaned at least twice a year and brush your teeth after every meal... to avoid learning your lesson the hard way, like I did. Bacteria from plaque on teeth infects gums.

My dentist says floss is the way to keep away gum disease.Floss floss and floss, not to mention brushing after every meal
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I'm all in favor of natural remedies as much as possible. But I must do my motherly word of warning. If a person has any type of problem with a heart valve, a gum infection is a well-known entry point for bacteria to enter the body, attack the heart muscle and cause major problems. My daughter used to have to take an antibiotic just to lower the possibility of infection during a routine cleaning.
    I have mitralvalveprolapse and I have to take antibiotics before any dental procedure.
    AZChristian likes this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Why can't I find a simple layering tank top in a strong red color??? Anybody got any suggestions? There's plenty of coral out there, and an orange-red just will not do. I am sooo frustrated! What do the manufacturers have against red???
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Shay, I'm kinda embarrassed to say this, but I love a layering tank and I get them at the worst places, all fast fashion terrible places like Forever 21 (though for the $9 they cost, they last about a year at best), H&M when I'm in NY, and Target. But of course they never have the color you want. Hell, I spent 2 hours looking for a dark brown golf shirt for my father at Christmas (he specified the color). Dark brown in the winter? Hell no...just crazy other colors. Next Christmas I'm sure everything will be dark brown.

+ Reply to Thread