+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6401Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    His family thinks she's just adorable. She does confuse their sense of propriety, though, because none of her coffee mugs match!
    SHAME SHAME SHAME we all know HER name!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Just think, your daughter travels all over the world and could shop anywhere for a wedding dress but she asked you to sew it for her. That request is straight from the heart.
    Ellen and Baby's Breath like this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

For anyone that's watched all 8 seasons of 24, which one is the best? From what I've read, general consensus says 5.

FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    For anyone that's watched all 8 seasons of 24, which one is the best? From what I've read, general consensus says 5.
    That's probably a better discussion for the show thread in the non-reality show forum
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

What a wonderful gift Gutmutter. My mother made my dress and it's precious to me because of it. Enjoy your visit with her!

FORT Fogey

My gums around some of my teeth were infected, so I made an appointment for a cleaning. I read online about natural methods of curing gum infections, and followed the recommendations. I also stepped up my oral hygiene. I wanted my gums to be in good condition for my hygiene appointment. Now I don't think my hygienist thinks my gums ever were infected. She said there wasn't any bleeding on probing. Maybe I should have shown up with what my gums used to look like. If someone shows up with infected gums, maybe they get a more thorough cleaning.

Are you, by any chance, talking about "oil pulling"?
    Oil Pulling, Wonderful Therapy, An Ancient Ayurvedic natural remedies for Great Health
    My daughter made me try this with olive oil and it was disgusting! I couldn't handle it. I may try it again with coconut oil.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey

I treid a lot of different things. I even read about more remedies such as clove oil that I didn't try. I started out with chewing raw garlic or raw onion. I read that chewing raw onion for three minutes kills all germs in one's mouth. That worked for one tooth. Then I got an infection around another tooth which was more painful. I added oil pulling with olive oil. I don't like thte taste of olive oil, but it's the healthiest oil. The pulling with olive oil was soothing after chewing garlic, which burns my tongue. (I am only able to chew about one-third of a clove). I only did the oil-pulling about three or four times. Then I rinsed with warm salt water a few times, and warm water with juice from half a lemon a few times. I tried a lot of things to clear up the infection as quickly as possible. The infection around that tooth cleared up.

I have nothing against these home remedies, but why can't you just use floss, toothpaste, and mouthwash to clean the gums? Why is garlic and onion better than a good oral rinse that fights plaque?

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I have nothing against these home remedies, but why can't you just use floss, toothpaste, and mouthwash to clean the gums? Why is garlic and onion better than a good oral rinse that fights plaque?
    Once you have an infection, those things don't work to remove it. Homeopathic remedies often do. I wouldn't go for the onion or garlic (yuck!), but I've found that a poultice of baking soda and salt held against the infected gum pulls out the infection. Bee propolis mixed with Manuka honey also helps - both have anti-biotic properties. I had a gum infection about a year ago and cleared it up with the above and with warm salt water rinses.

Regular dental hygiene products are preventative, but if you get an infection, they're not ameliorative.
    inthegarden likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread