+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6766Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Mesachick, I hope you've found a remedy that works. I've never had poison ivy/oak/sumac but I'm sure it's no picnic.

I signed up for an online driver safety course through AARP yesterday afternoon. Hubby and I usually take the course at our local library every 3 years but never got around to it last spring. We each save 10% yearly for 3 years on our auto insurance.

Well, I thought this was going to be a breeze as I could sit in my jammies and work at my own pace. Well, it's not so great. First, every page in each chapter is either someone reading the information aloud or you read it yourself. You cannot advance the forward button until it is illuminated, so even though I read fairly quickly, I still have to wait.

Oh, and there is this little thing called "voice recognition." You call a phone #, repeat a series of several digits, and then at the end of each chapter you have to call in, put in your pin#, and then repeat 5 new numbers that they tell you. I understand the reasoning behind it, but ugh, it's awful. I have finished 6 chapters between last night and today and have two more to go. I want it finished so I may complete the rest tonight.

I guess they are making you earn that Driving Safety certificate! Sounds a little overboard, IMO. Still, I think it's good idea. I may check into it.

I accidently got a copy of my 10 driving record. (Long story. I requested a client's and they got it mixed up.) I was shocked to see that they still had this minor speeding conviction on my record like 44 in a 35 from 1999!!!!!!!! I'm not sure why it would still be there so many years later. I'm an attorney, but I've never heard of this. It ticked me off a little. After going so long with a safe record, that old conviction should come off, IMO.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Still on the second season of 24, if I choose to continue it.

I've read about what happens in later seasons, and I don't like how
    Click to see Spoiler:
    almost everyone in CTU either end up being moles or dead.

I also find it fascinating how one and a half seasons in, I don't recall any swear ever being said in any of the episodes.

Love the weekend! I have to start my daughter's wedding dress today. She's eloping because she doesn't want her step-mother at the wedding and she doesn't see any other way around it without it all being about that issue. But she still wants a dress... not a full-out long, poofy number, but still. She sent me a picture she found on the internet and asked if I could make it. I'm a pretty skilled seamstress, but I was still glad to find a pattern that was almost identical to the picture. I'll have to change the inverted pleats from the front to the sides, but that's nothing. I told her I wouldn't do it unless she could commit to coming out for a fitting. Haven't heard when that will be, but will baste the dress together today in case of a surprise visit.
    Ellen, shyra, beerbelly and 5 others like this.
    Count your blessings!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Love the weekend! I have to start my daughter's wedding dress today. She's eloping because she doesn't want her step-mother at the wedding and she doesn't see any other way around it without it all being about that issue. But she still wants a dress... not a full-out long, poofy number, but still. She sent me a picture she found on the internet and asked if I could make it. I'm a pretty skilled seamstress, but I was still glad to find a pattern that was almost identical to the picture. I'll have to change the inverted pleats from the front to the sides, but that's nothing. I told her I wouldn't do it unless she could commit to coming out for a fitting. Haven't heard when that will be, but will baste the dress together today in case of a surprise visit.
    You are a woman of many talents, Gutmutter! Congratulations on your daughter's upcoming nuptials! Is this the pilot daughter or the chef daughter? I have a pair of jeans I need to take to the tailor... I can just about sew on a missing button or a rip, if it is located on a seam. My mom couldn't sew, either.

That is wonderful Gutmutter! What a wonderful gift you are giving her.

My Grandmother made my mom's dress at my wedding. My Grandmother couldn't make it as she is afraid of flying but it felt like a piece of her was there.
    Cootie and Baby's Breath like this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

It's the pilot daughter. Her fiance is also a pilot. When they have time off together, they travel the world with their flight benefits... Istanbul, Ireland, a standing "Christmas in Paris" date whenever they're off together in December. She's coming Monday afternoon and flying out Weds. so I'm hoping to have it to a point where I can make any adjustments and then finish it while she's here.
    beerbelly and Eastcoastmom like this.
    Count your blessings!

Sooo romantic!
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Don't forget to have the "you don't just marry the man; you marry the family" talk.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

His family thinks she's just adorable. She does confuse their sense of propriety, though, because none of her coffee mugs match!
    Ellen and just1paul like this.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread