+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I usually believe that the photos they use for those covers are the worst ones of the celebs they can find.
    AZChristian likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    Oh my, I saw that too! I didn't have time to read and see who the "You won't believe who this celebrity is" person. Did you?
    Yes, I looked, but I don't know who she is. Not famous enough, IMO. lol

I have often heard Dr. Phil say that the stars look very different in real, everyday life as he sees them around town at the pharmacy, running errands etc. He is right! I wonder if his wife looks the same without her makeup. LOL

Reece Witherspoon didn't look very different IMO. Others looked VERY different.
    inthegarden likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

With all of this flu drama going on, I am so glad that I knuckled under and got my flu shot in November! Can't convince my son to take one, though. This is why stupid men die so much sooner than women. "I'm don't like shots! I'll take my chances." Unfortunately, your choice may be death. I'm also staying indoors and away from gatherings as much as possible.....and keeping my hands away from my nose and eyes! I no longer care how people look at me when I refuse to let them give me their pen or use mine. I've had the flu once in my life, and it's just not worth it.
    cablejockey likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    With all of this flu drama going on, I am so glad that I knuckled under and got my flu shot in November! Can't convince my son to take one, though. This is why stupid men die so much sooner than women. "I'm don't like shots! I'll take my chances." Unfortunately, your choice may be death. I'm also staying indoors and away from gatherings as much as possible.....and keeping my hands away from my nose and eyes! I no longer care how people look at me when I refuse to let them give me their pen or use mine. I've had the flu once in my life, and it's just not worth it.
    Because I work with school-aged kids and because hubby is immunosuppressed (and you know the other stuff) we got our flu vaccines in early September, just when school started. And we had to pay out-of-pocket to get it then, as the vaccines were only available at CVS and RiteAid. Kaiser (where we have our so-called healthcare plan) didn't have flu vaccines available until October too late for anyone working with school kids AND in my specific situation.
    I'll even turn away tutees who show up with cold/flu symptoms, even if it means I don't get paid. There's no way I'm gonna risk bringing home something that will make my husband sick (and at this time, delay a life-saving surgery 'cuz they won't operate one someone with cold or flu).
    just1paul likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I've had the flu once in my life too, when I was 5 and landed in the hospital. Everyone I know thinks I'm weird about it (family included), but I will not eat without washing my hands first (not touching anything with my bare hands afterward). Now, I'm not OCD, though it sounds like it (you should see my pile of laundry )...I don't carry around bottles of Purell or stand at the sink for hours scrubbing up, but I simply wash my hands before eating and it bugs me when going out that no one else feels the need to, especially if it's a hand food, like pizza. I've been sick on and off with allergies (I can't filter all air all the time and I can't handle most allergy drugs), but I haven't even had a cold in over 10 years. Then again, I don't work with kids and I can close my office door if people are germy. OMG, I sound like a germaphobe a la Seinfeld. Eh, maybe I am.
    Ellen and Cootie like this.

I teach middle school and have every single student at some point during the school year. I usually get the flu shot but never got around to it this year. I haven't had so much as a sniffle this year and I think the flu has already finished its rampage in our area. We had a lot of students out just before Christmas. I heard one newscaster say that the flu shot this year doesn't really protect against the strain that's going around - it's too different from last year's which the shot is based on. I heard another one say that he had gotten the shot and still got the flu. I'm going back and forth as to whether to get immunized at this point. I think teachers have healthy immune systems from being exposed to so much. I also teach swim lessons to preschoolers and work out in the nautilus room. I wipe down the machine after, but not before.
    Count your blessings!

I work with every child at my elementary school. They start the day either eating breakfast in another room or in my library so I get a huge crowd plus I see them throughout the day. The computers they use are touched by so many hands each day that I am germaphobic for sure! I try to clean the keyboards/mice but it only happens about once a week. The library books, tables, countertops and doors are other good places to pick up germs! I have not gotten sick for many years and have never gotten a flu shot, but I am a little worried this year after hearing about how terribly sick some people are getting. I always wash my hands many times a day and hopefully my constant exposure acts a bit like immunotherapy? Is that possible?

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Not to sound like a party pooper here, but I once read that the largest gathering spots for germs in most restaurants is the menu. So we carefully wash our hands with soap and water after using the restroom, go out and pick up a menu to choose our meal, and . . . voila!

As funny as it looks, we hold the menu from the top, most people grab the sides.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I never get flu shots & don't plan on getting one this year either. I haven't been sick with anything more than a slight cold for very many years. Over 10 I'm sure.

I've read what all is in them & it's terrifying that doctors are shooting that stuff into people. Mercury & formaldehyde (not sure of the spelling) are 2 of them.

I am a chronic hand washer though. To the point where they get chapped if I don't keep lotioning them up. Plus I use the gels a lot more during flu season.
    I'll remember the menu thing & pull out my antibacterial gel after.

I believe it's healthier to try to eat healthy & allow the body to develop it's own natural immunities. It's worked well for me so far.

I'll check back after I'm sick in bed with a nasty case of the flu. Lol.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

+ Reply to Thread