+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6756Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

If my kids hadn't come home, I wouldn't have bothered either. It did look nice from the road, though. The lights on the tree in the window is the only "outside decorating" I do. I also had a couple of hours worth of dishes to do, so those two tasks took me most of the day.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    We didn't put one up this year, cant say I missed the thing either.I know bah humbug
    We didn't decorate this year, either. Too much medical crap going on, so we just didn't feel like it.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I have minimal decorations up this year since we left for a week at Christmas. Just two little artificial trees with special ornaments on them and white lights around the living room windows. Should be easy to take down. But I am glad I put them up...

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Yesterday for New Year's Eve I was out with a few friends until 11:45pm! I know! Right before it actually became 2013! What were we thinking! We had a good time though. McDonalds and pop.

Also, my current fandom is Gary Busey. I want him on every show ever.
    Lizard and Eastcoastmom like this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Glad you enjoyed your New Year's Eve, Johnny! I was watching the live coverage and the term 'bucket list' kept coming up with regard to being in Times Square, NYC on New Year's Eve. Well, I was born in Brooklyn, NY and have lived about an hour away in the suburbs all of my life and I would never, ever, ever want to be there on New Year's Eve. People start lining up in the morning and once you leave your place, you can't go back. It's cold, no way to take a bathroom break. A big "no thank you." My son was entertaining an out of town friend who had never been to NYC. She was dying to go down to Times Square and my son was able to dissuade her and take her to a party instead.

I love everything to do with holiday decorating. I am always on the hunt for new decorations for either outside or inside. I try to have the outdoor lights up by at least December 1st and the tree and inside decor up no later than the first week of December. Everything stays up until Little Christmas. I keep the tree illuminated during the daytime. I love the way it brightens up the house in the gloomy days of winter.
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Glad you enjoyed your New Year's Eve, Johnny! I was watching the live coverage and the term 'bucket list' kept coming up with regard to being in Times Square, NYC on New Year's Eve. Well, I was born in Brooklyn, NY and have lived about an hour away in the suburbs all of my life and I would never, ever, ever want to be there on New Year's Eve. People start lining up in the morning and once you leave your place, you can't go back. It's cold, no way to take a bathroom break. A big "no thank you." My son was entertaining an out of town friend who had never been to NYC. She was dying to go down to Times Square and my son was able to dissuade her and take her to a party instead.

I love everything to do with holiday decorating. I am always on the hunt for new decorations for either outside or inside. I try to have the outdoor lights up by at least December 1st and the tree and inside decor up no later than the first week of December. Everything stays up until Little Christmas. I keep the tree illuminated during the daytime. I love the way it brightens up the house in the gloomy days of winter.
    I had always wondered about New Year's Eve in NYC. It always looks like so much fun but...the "no bathroom break" did it for me. I guess I'll just be happy watching in the comfort of my nice warm den with a breakroom close by.

I love decorating for Christmas too. Mine go up the day after Thanksgiving and come down 2 days after Christmas. I overdose on colored lights and Christmas music.

A friend of mine told me that her trick to NYE in Times Square was to get a hotel room right there. Then she could just pop up to her hotel room if she needed a bathroom. Plus, when the festivities are over, she didn't have to go far to be "home." Sounds like a good plan to me!
    Miss Scarlet and Debb70 like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I guess I'll take down the Christmas decorations and lights this weekend. So sad though.

Have any of you seen the light system that you can place in front of your house and it makes it appear that it is snowing in front of your house?????? I've seen it advertised in a few catalogs and I've heard it's what they use on stages to mimic rain or snow on a concert stage or tv scenes. I'm curious and am thinking of ordering one. Perhaps I can get a good deal after Christmas. Most I have seen range from $80 - $100.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I guess I'll take down the Christmas decorations and lights this weekend. So sad though.

Have any of you seen the light system that you can place in front of your house and it makes it appear that it is snowing in front of your house?????? I've seen it advertised in a few catalogs and I've heard it's what they use on stages to mimic rain or snow on a concert stage or tv scenes. I'm curious and am thinking of ordering one. Perhaps I can get a good deal after Christmas. Most I have seen range from $80 - $100.
    As much as I dislike snow, this is definitely not for me. I'd slip into a deep depression & become a hermit with my curtains closed 'till the lights came down.
    It's bad enough having to live with the real thing.
    just1paul and AZChristian like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    As much as I dislike snow, this is definitely not for me. I'd slip into a deep depression & become a hermit with my curtains closed 'till the lights came down.
    It's bad enough having to live with the real thing.
    You must get a lot of cold weather. In the south, we don't usually get much snow. Every few years we'll get a big snow, but it's uncommon. I guess that's why I love it so much. It's so romantic and beautiful, IMO.

The thing about the light that makes it look like it's snowing, is that I think it only works from the street. So that if you ride by in your car, it appears it is snowing in your yard, but if you stand inside the house, it doesn't have the same effect. I'm not sure about that though. If it's true, I would have to get one for my neighbor across the street! lol

+ Reply to Thread