+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6246Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Speaking of concerts, Nelly Furtado's coming here in January. I'd go see her if I could.

Also, is "Guardian" by Alanis Morisette really from 2012??? As stupid as it may sound, I'm shocked. I've known that song for a long time and all this time I thought it was one of her 90s songs. What rock have I been living under?
    Adding to my defense, I never saw the music video either. Maybe because the song is too good for 2012, which I can also add to my defense.

Be warm...in body and mind
    You can do it!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Here's a question.....and I know that there are as many definitions as there probably are people, and I am interested in hearing a variety of them.....what does "high strung" mean?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I guess my definition of a "high strung" person would be one who is definitely wound a little too tightly. It would take very little to set that type of person off and I always feel like I have to walk on eggshells around him/her.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Fanny Mare, where do you live...the North Pole? I can't even begin to wrap my head around -30 weather! I'm guessing that is Celsius and now I have to do the conversion...let's see F = 9/5 C + 32, which would be around -22 degrees!!!! YIKES!!! How do you stay warm outside? Do you even go outside? What do you wear in that kind of weather? Is it dry?

Living on Long Island we rarely get temps lower than the teens (Fahrenheit) but sometimes it feels colder b/c of the proximity to water. I remember years ago when I attended college upstate (far from the ocean) I would routinely walk around in 0 degree or low single digit weather with my parka open. It just never seemed quite as cold as it did downstate, which I attributed to it being drier.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Fanny Mare, where do you live...the North Pole? I can't even begin to wrap my head around -30 weather! I'm guessing that is Celsius and now I have to do the conversion...let's see F = 9/5 C + 32, which would be around -22 degrees!!!! YIKES!!! How do you stay warm outside? Do you even go outside? What do you wear in that kind of weather? Is it dry?

Living on Long Island we rarely get temps lower than the teens (Fahrenheit) but sometimes it feels colder b/c of the proximity to water. I remember years ago when I attended college upstate (far from the ocean) I would routinely walk around in 0 degree or low single digit weather with my parka open. It just never seemed quite as cold as it did downstate, which I attributed to it being drier.
    LOL damn near~!! We are in the north of Canada, so yes, now and then we got these very very cold temps/ Skin freezes in 5 minutes etc, especially when you are not dressed for it. That's why I take coats etc to all the homeless shelters. I started something in the condo where we live, and boy do I have coats and hats and mitts I guess we are used to it, I hate it, but I am used to it. The dogs have to have coats on, and boots or socks on, and we dash in and out. We go from underground parking, to underground parking. But heck we still go out to the moves etc. Hardy lot( or perhaps just mad)

I worry for animals - but everyone seems to keep an eye out. I found a little guy running around the other day. He had escaped from his yard, I picked him up and took him home, he was freezing= he had his name tag on, so I was able to phone them
    Where hubby was , it was -40, you do the math!
    Hyper likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    We are in the north of Canada, so yes, now and then we got these very very cold temps/ Skin freezes in 5 minutes etc, especially when you are not dressed for it...I guess we are used to it, I hate it, but I am used to it...
    Similar stuff in Wisconsin. I lived there from birth through age 28 -- never really got used to it. That's one of the big reasons I moved to SoCal nearly 27 years ago. I've never regretted a moment of it. I went back to Wisconsin on ONE -- only one -- Christmas/New Year holiday. It was below zero the whole time. Nope, not for me...
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Ellen;4593581]Similar stuff in Wisconsin. I lived there from birth through age 28 -- never really got used to it. That's one of the big reasons I moved to SoCal nearly 27 years ago. I've never regretted a moment of it. I went back to Wisconsin on ONE -- only one -- Christmas/New Year holiday. It was below zero the whole time. Nope, not for me...
    I hear you Ellen

I left the UK, it never stopped raining, I found that more depressing, than I do the cold .When it isn't this cold, the sun is always out, and I need the sun.
    I would enjoy SoCal. But its nice to leave this and go somewhere warm( hot) in January and other times of the year. We have very hot summers, so all in all.-I take the good with the bad. Our company is here, it would be hard to move now, perhaps when we retire
    -Andy Rooney-

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

So it's the 21st and we're still here. If end of the world predictions were true to begin with, we would have been gone hundreds of years ago.
    Ellen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    So it's the 21st and we're still here. If end of the world predictions were true to begin with, we would have been gone hundreds of years ago.
    I knew we would be. I bought extra eggnog
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread