+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6755Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35 View Post
    My aunt and uncle divorced and remarried and still together after about 24 or so years. I think they are an exception though. I guess it does happen. I am not even friends with ANY of my ex husbands. Not even going to try any of that nonsense.
    there are only 2 ex husbands. hahaha!
    OK, so you scared me!! I was about to ask for an ex-husband count!! I do have friends with higher "body counts"!

The closest I've ever come to going back to an ex- was dating a fun guy off and on all through high school and one summer when he came home to visit. He just would not leave me alone and I had nothing better to do. He finally moved across the country and eventually got married; became a minister, of all things!! Most definitely NOT for me!!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 12-13-2012 at 01:34 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Here's a discussion that I got into with "the girls" last weekend: Is it ever a good idea to go back to someone that you were in a relationship with before? My side of the coin says I don't go back where I've already been....I left for a reason. I'm one of those "been there, done that" women!

Opinions were all over the place, as you can well imagine.

Chime in, FoRT Family!

p.s. Not that it can't ever work, but what is the liklihood?

I could see someone getting remarried to them if the first marriage they were just young and broke up mostly because of poor communication skills. It would have to depend on why they broke up.

And people have fights and break up for a month or so.
    You can do it!

FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post

I don't know that Johnny Depp was being rude. I think he's very shy and maybe he didn't want to steal Alice Cooper's thunder.
    I saw a great video (well, great for me b/c I'm an uber-fan of both bands) of a Foo Fighters show where Jimmy Page & John Paul Jones (Led Zeppelin) played a song with the Foos. Dave Grohl of FF - who is brilliant at audience interaction - did all the talking. Page & Jones just smiled & waved. I am positive it was all about respect for the fact it was a FF show. Well, and I don't think I've ever actually heard JPJ speak.
    AZChristian and Debb70 like this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    I saw a great video (well, great for me b/c I'm an uber-fan of both bands) of a Foo Fighters show where Jimmy Page & John Paul Jones (Led Zeppelin) played a song with the Foos. Dave Grohl of FF - who is brilliant at audience interaction - did all the talking. Page & Jones just smiled & waved. I am positive it was all about respect for the fact it was a FF show. Well, and I don't think I've ever actually heard JPJ speak.
    What a TREAT! I'll have to track it down. Jimmy and Robert are super appreciative of their fans in the audience., though Jimmy is rather shy and doesn't say much. His body langage says a lot.

I saw Jimmy playing with The Black Crows once. I had this banner made that we lifted when he looked our way. It said We LOVE PAGE. I had it decorated with a guitar on the side along with black crows flying around the borders! We were about 10 rows back. Jimmy saw it and waived a big Thank You to us.

I will also say that Elton John and Rod Stewart are also SUPER friendly to their audience and really make it about the fans, not them. IMO, it sets the artist into a different category when they know how to connect like that with the fans.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Speaking of concerts, Nelly Furtado's coming here in January. I'd go see her if I could.

Also, is "Guardian" by Alanis Morisette really from 2012??? As stupid as it may sound, I'm shocked. I've known that song for a long time and all this time I thought it was one of her 90s songs. What rock have I been living under?

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Okay, I confess to being a little ornery on a hotel elevator tonight. We were getting on at the same time as a young woman who was on her cell phone and four other ladies (who appeared to be together). The elevator music was 60s pop music, and I noticed that one of the other ladies was mouthing the words to the song. One of my pet peeves is people who talk on their cell phones with no regard to the other people in the immediate area. So I smiled at the lady who was mouthing the words and said, "Let's all sing!!!!" So we started singing along (much to the dissatisfaction of the cell phone user). We had a great time!
    Ellen, Lil Bit, Hyper and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    I think that Grohl will be one of the presenters for Led Zeppelin when they are featured at the Kennedy Honors on Dec. 26, on CBS! I saw the story on CBS Morning News. I can't wait! Others honored are David Letterman, Buddy Guy, Dustin Hoffman and some others. I think Meryle Streep is the mc.

It sounds like I may not be going to work tomorrow. We've got a pretty big blizzard headed our way with 8-12 inches of snow along with 40 mph winds predicted.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Yikes, Lil Bit! I hope you do have a day off and don't have to travel in that weather. Be safe!

I agree, that's nasty! We have nasty arctic air coming to visit for Christmas, -30 and cooler . my dogs are going to freeze, and they hate those darn booties.

Be safe Lil Bit
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread