+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5832Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I'm getting a bit better. I still cough and blow my nose, but my head's better, and I was able to sleep better the last two nights. I went outside today and the wind was strong, but it should be fine.
    Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better, Johnny. I'm grumpy if I don't get enough sleep.
    JohnnyK likes this.

Feel better, JohnnyK.

Scientists Discover Children

This is a fascinating study about scientists finding cells in mothers' brains belonging to their children. Also each successive sibling may have cells from the siblings that came before them in their body/brain. I'm making my own extrapolations about what that means.
    coltnlasma and JohnnyK like this.
    Count your blessings!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I just found out that my daughter is at the Alice Cooper Christmas bash here in Phoenix. She goes every year. But this year, their star attraction is Johnny Depp. AND SHE DIDN'T INVITE ME TO GO ALONG WITH HER?

I may have to write her out of the will.
    dagwood, Ellen, Jamie5632 and 1 others like this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

omg Johnny Depp??? I would feel the same way
    dagwood and AZChristian like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Heard a news anchor say something was "very ingenuitive" this morning. Is that right up there with "conversate", or what?

Debb70 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I just found out that my daughter is at the Alice Cooper Christmas bash here in Phoenix. She goes every year. But this year, their star attraction is Johnny Depp. AND SHE DIDN'T INVITE ME TO GO ALONG WITH HER?

I may have to write her out of the will.

Oh yeah, I'd say a new will is in order.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

She told me that he "jammed" with Alice Cooper for several songs, but didn't actually speak to the audience (which was a disappointment). But in answer to my main question to her, YES . . . Johnny Depp is adorable!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    She told me that he "jammed" with Alice Cooper for several songs, but didn't actually speak to the audience (which was a disappointment). But in answer to my main question to her, YES . . . Johnny Depp is adorable!!!!
    I can see how it would be a disappointment, but I can also see how he wouldn't have to speak **swoon**
    AZChristian likes this.
    Wag more, bark less

I'm really surprised about Alice. Personal comments really connect you to the fans. He should know that by now. That is often what I remember most about a show.

Robert Plant is very good at that. The first time I saw him and Jimmy Page in concert was at THe Garden. He talked to the audience like they were in his living room. He talked about music, his fans and how they connected "in the moment." It was actually a spiritual connection, IMO. I'll never forget it. Yeah, that was a lot of smoke in the air, but it was an experience of a lifetime.
    Last edited by Debb70; 12-12-2012 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I'm really surprised about Alice. Personal comments really connect you to the fans. He should know that by now. That is often what I remember most about a show...
    I read that to mean that it was Depp who didn't speak to the audience. I'm not surprised.
    Alice Cooper is great in that regard. Depp, not so much.
    AZChristian likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread