+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5817Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

The first movie I remember seeing in the theater was 'Love Story'..Ali McGraw and Ryan O'Neal.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    The first movie I remember seeing in the theater was 'Love Story'..Ali McGraw and Ryan O'Neal.
    That wasn't my first movie. But I sobbed through this movie. I think my then hubby ran out of kleenex
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I cried watching this movie too, Fanny Mare.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    I cried watching this movie too, Fanny Mare.
    I saw it three times, and cried every time. I am in good company though
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I'm pretty sure this isn't my first, but it's the first I can remember. We all piled into the car for a double-feature at the drive-in featuring Sixteen Candles and Tank. Ahhh, Tank. It's so forgotten. Maybe that explains my weird crush on James Garner.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

I think I may have mentioned this sometime in the past, but my boss is kind of creepy. I used to share a very large office with him, our desks on opposite sides of the room. I am super clean at the office, and kind of a germaphobe. Not so much at home, but at work I get the creepy-crawlies for some reason. So my co-worker once mentioned that my boss was taking naps under my desk when I was out or at lunch. WTF?? I thought he was joking, but it turned out he wasn't. And my bosses excuse was that it was so clean on my side of the room. So I told my boss that was creepy, and it made me uncomfortable, and I got all passive aggressive and put signs under my desk telling him to get a room. I'm honestly not sure if the napping stopped or if my co-worker just didn't mention it again because I was so upset about it.

Fast forward five or six years. I have my own office now and an assistant who sits outside my door. I work from home sometimes, and yesterday was one of those times. When I got in this morning my assistant told me that my boss was in my office yesterday with the door closed, for about an hour, and when he came out he said he was fixing something. WTF???? I'm in I.T. I know he didn't touch any of my computers because I was working at home on my office computers. He was sleeping again, no doubt. UGGGGGGGHHHHHH. I went to HR and actually cried. But they don't know what to do. We're a small family-owned company and he's an honorary family member. It may be time to find a new job. Or maybe I can leverage this into working at home all the time. I'm just so creeped out. Who does that??!?
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

Very creepy. I'd scatter a bunch of tacks on the floor under my desk and see if that cures him
    just1paul likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Itching powder from a joke store. Cayenne powder. Perfumed powder. Black pepper. Glitter. A different one of the above every day until he gets it. Ick.

And shame on the company for doing nothing about it.
    Count your blessings!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

How about getting HR to approve a LOCK on the door to which only you and your assistant have the key. When you leave, lock the door. And if anyone asks to enter while you're gone, only you can approve it. Then the assistant would have to call you in case someone REALLY needs to go in there.

Sorry, this doesn't sound like "sleeping" to me. It sounds stalkerish.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Must admit that I don't even slightly begin to get how "stalkerish" applies.

I might buy a camera, like a nanny-cam, and hide it to catch him in the act, or whatever other act he may be in. I do like the idea of the glitter, though! It would definitely tell on him!
    just1paul likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread