+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6401Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2157304;
    I don't think they ever even found O'Hare's body, did they?
    They found bones of her, I think a son, and a friend, if memory serves. They eventually ID'd one skeleton as hers. Sad story even if she was not that likeable in life (IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2157304;
    It's all about the drama...something that I can't stand.
    Yes, that's the other type of spam mail I hate. Those overwrought stories written by 'anonymous'. Maybe that's mean of me, but I don't need my inbox filled up with that stuff. Raises my blood pressure.

Btw, when you debunk the hoax mail - does the sender get mad at you? I think that's kind of nervy, myself, especially if they've included you with about 50 of their other closest friends or refused to edit the mile long trail of prior forwards from the message.
    Last edited by Brandy; 11-27-2006 at 05:30 PM.

Anyone have info on our Pomeraniac hows she doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy;2157726;
    Btw, when you debunk the hoax mail - does the sender get mad at you? I think that's kind of nervy, myself, especially if they've included you with about 50 of their other closest friends or refused to edit the mile long trail of prior forwards from the message.
    I hope not. My neighbor is a bit gullible and gets taken advantage of sometimes. We have quite a good relationship so I don't think she minded. Also, I usually don't forward e-mails for the same reason that you send other people's addresses along with them. I copy, paste, and send individually, except for family members. If I receive any lists of previous recipients, I always delete them. I hope others do the same, but you can never really know. I'm always amazed at how many e-mail addresses I can get of people I don't even know.

gabriel: I though she was doing ok.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

One of my brothers blocked my e-mail and dropped all contact with me when I made a general post on our family's web site that I didn't like getting chain e-mails.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2157810;
    I hope not. My neighbor is a bit gullible and gets taken advantage of sometimes. We have quite a good relationship so I don't think she minded. Also, I usually don't forward e-mails for the same reason that you send other people's addresses along with them. I copy, paste, and send individually, except for family members. If I receive any lists of previous recipients, I always delete them. I hope others do the same, but you can never really know. I'm always amazed at how many e-mail addresses I can get of people I don't even know.

gabriel: I though she was doing ok.

Thanks - I was just wondering and I haven't seen any posts for a day or so, but I see her last visit to the site was yesterday

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    They found bones of her, I think a son, and a friend, if memory serves. They eventually ID'd one skeleton as hers. Sad story even if she was not that likeable in life (IMO).

Yes, that's the other type of spam mail I hate. Those overwrought stories written by 'anonymous'. Maybe that's mean of me, but I don't need my inbox filled up with that stuff. Raises my blood pressure.

I can't tell you how much I don't care if the senders of stupid and scare emails get mad at me if I debunk what they have sent. I get annoyed that they send the useless things that they send. If I really want them to get the hint, I sent a debunking response to everyone to whom they originally have sent their email. I guess I'm hoping that they get embarrassed and cut me out of the loop. Don't get me wrong.....I like the more unique, clever emails....it at least shows that they have put some thought into what they are sending, but keep your scare tactics to yourself.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

One time, one of my cousins sent me an email....can't remember which one it was exactly, but one of those that said that if you send this to everyone you know, Bill Gates will send you $5000 or whatever nonsense. I wrote back to her.....and all the others she had sent the email to because of course she listed everyone's email address in the "TO:" section.....and said it was a hoax. Even put the URL from snopes in my reply that said it was just another dumb hoax.

She wrote back to me and said that it WAS true because a LAWYER sent it to her. (HUH????) Like that made any sense. I wanted to write back and say that she could also get an STD from a lawyer too......no offense to any lawyers on the board; I must have 25 lawyers in my extended family. But some ARE rather shady, right?

She wanted to believe it, I suppose, but really how dumb can one get?

What I do when I send out a mass email to a lot of people is I put all of their names/addresses in the BCC field. That way no one sees any of the email addresses. I hate getting emails that have been copied and pasted so many times that I see 100 email addresses of people I do not know.

The last annoying email I got was a "recipe" chain letters . Send 10 recipes to the first 10 people on the list and you'll get so many recipes from so many strangers.

I deleted it and I don't think my friend appreciated it. Who has time for that? I barely have time to get on the FORT everyday how can I have the time to look up a bunch of recipes and type them out....etc....plus I don't want a bunch of Cambell Soup recipes from a bunch of stranger.....ba hum bug......I'm terrible...........

If I want a new recipe, I just google one or look on the Recipe thread here at the FORT....
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

I did the recipe thing once, and I never received a single recipe. I think it is a big hoax, so don't feel bad...I just delete as well.

I have only passed on three e-mails in my life - one with a list of interpretations of government emergency signage, which was hysterically funny, and I forwarded it to a few people I know who sneer at the government, one with a video of cats doing adorablely funny things, which went to the cat people, and one...actually, it may just be the two. I have never sent on a chain letter, a warning of any sort (if there's a real problem, all my friends read the newspapers so they'll find out themselves), a sob story, or essentially anything that isn't laugh out loud funny, and I never will. The sob story's are my absolutely least favourite. It really irks me that people I work with think that there's any possibility at all that I'll be sucked in by this sentimental tripe. (I do contribute to the Foster Parent organization - I'm not completely heartless, I just don't like being manipulated).
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread