+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Being a corporate attorney myself, I can actually kind of see it. We all go through it - where all we see is the rich getting richer, sometimes on the backs of the little people (like the employees). Wanting to do something good for others actually strikes me as sort of a reasonable response for a corporate attorney with a soul who somehow wants to contribute something good to the world before he dies? If that makes any sense at all.
    Your input, as one of his "peeps", is interesting, but this is a side of him that I've never seen. What you say makes some sense, actually. I guess it also accounts for the difference in what may be his view and mine. I had a job where I worked with all kinds of people from every walk of life on a regular basis; he might not quite have "gotten" me, either. Thanks! I'll revisit my opinion.

I wouldn't trade what I've learned about people for anything.
    Baby's Breath likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    A friend of mine, who retired from being a corporate attorney, dropped me a line to say he hated being retired and was joining the Peace Corps! He is now in the Middle East in Amman, Jordan. This just sounds so bizarre. Is this strange to anyone else, other than me? He is in his mid-60s. This just strikes me as a stupid move. I swear, he is as strange as my little inner voice had told me he is.
    It sounds strange, but kudos to him!
    I kind of wish, if the circumstances allowed at that age, that I'd have the balls to join the Peace Corps.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Being a corporate attorney myself, I can actually kind of see it. We all go through it - where all we see is the rich getting richer, sometimes on the backs of the little people (like the employees). Wanting to do something good for others actually strikes me as sort of a reasonable response for a corporate attorney with a soul who somehow wants to contribute something good to the world before he dies? If that makes any sense at all.
    My late stepson, at the age of 22, had his dream job on an upper floor of the World Trade Center. Working there for a year, making pretty great money for a 22 year-old kid, he had big plans. He was applying to graduate school and was going to make his money while young. He planned to work in business for about 20 years and by his early forties begin his second career as a NYC school teacher. He was born and raised in the city and planned to give back to the city he loved so much. It's a tough gig, and unlike their Long Island counterparts, they don't make much money at all.
    1dog2kids likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    My late stepson, at the age of 22, had his dream job on an upper floor of the World Trade Center. Working there for a year, making pretty great money for a 22 year-old kid, he had big plans. He was applying to graduate school and was going to make his money while young. He planned to work in business for about 20 years and by his early forties begin his second career as a NYC school teacher. He was born and raised in the city and planned to give back to the city he loved so much. It's a tough gig, and unlike their Long Island counterparts, they don't make much money at all.
    I would love to do that, and I'm so sorry that your stepson isn't around to live out his dreams, ECM!

I have fantasies of going to Alaska and living off the land. I know, it's crazy, but something about it appeals to me. The problem is that it's too much work! lol I watch these shows about others who do it and think it looks amazing, but I think I probably wouldn't last 2 weeks. I would miss the things I am used to and be scared of getting eaten by a bear!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Debb - if you do Facebook, look for Alaskan Pioneer. There's a guy doing that right now. He's finished with his cabin, and has created a solar battery/generator thing. He posts on FB about once a day, and it's fascinating to follow his journey.

It's not something I'd enjoy DOING, but reading about it is fascinating.
    Debb70 likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Seriously, there needs to be a moron tax. People who say and do idiotic things should be fined and the money put toward education, to prevent future morons.

And you should be able to file civil suit against morons and win damages for the frustration and agony they cause to others.

Grrr!

BTW, this post is not directed at anyone on this forum. It's in reference to my moronic co-workers, who find new ways to torture me each day with their witlessness.
    Hyper, Jamie5632 and AZChristian like this.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Seriously, there needs to be a moron tax. People who say and do idiotic things should be fined and the money put toward education, to prevent future morons.

And you should be able to file civil suit against morons and win damages for the frustration and agony they cause to others.

Grrr!

BTW, this post is not directed at anyone on this forum. It's in reference to my moronic co-workers, who find new ways to torture me each day with their witlessness.
    I would vote YES for that tax! ...and what is frightening, they exist outside of your workplace.
    just1paul likes this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Ugh. I need help.

I was on Facebook talking to some people, and I was logged out for no reason, and had this come up:

Please complete a security check.

Security checks help keep Facebook trustworthy and free of spam.

Use a phone to verify your account

The phone number you use can only verify one account. Once you enter your number, you'll receive a code that you can enter on Facebook to verify your account.

Your phone number will be added to your Timeline. You'll be able to choose who you share it with. To learn more about how information on your Timeline is used, visit our privacy policy.
    What do I do? Why do I need to send them my phone number? What the hell? If anyone has experienced this and/or can help me, thanks.

If I can solve this soon I'll post.

I wouldn't send it. I have contacted them, but by email.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread