+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7289Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    If memory serves me correctly, this is a very old email hoax that has been around since at least 2000. I hate when people send me hoaxes.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2153406;
    If memory serves me correctly, this is a very old email hoax that has been around since at least 2000. I hate when people send me hoaxes.
    Well since it was sent out from the Red Deer RCMP and it listed a mall that I have been to several times, I thought it best to pass along this info. It might be a hoax, but I'd rather be prepared...perhaps that old email is where these people got the idea.

Just in case you wonder about scary emails, this is one of the places that you can look up something like that. In the "search" feature, enter 'sniff perfume'.

http://hoaxbusters.ciac.org/cgi-bin/...l&line=155#mfs
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Perfume Sniffing: About 6 weeks ago I was loading my cart at the Walmart parking lot when I caught a glimpse of a man and woman pouncing on people loading their cars. The man had dreadlocks and the woman had a really short skirt......

I thought I was out of their view as I hurried unloading my cart and hopefully be in my pick up and out of target range when I heard " how are you today?......can I help you unload your cart?"

I replied No thanks I'm almost done (no way they were going to get that close to me and my pick up) I unload and he pulled out a bottle of perfume and asked what my favorite perfume was.....I said "none...and PLEASE don't spray that. I will get a headache".... Well maybe for your family".....I said there is no way I would buy perfume for my family with my allergies."

They took off and I darted right back into the store to alert security. Then I drove around until I found the parking lot security and gave them a description. Wouldn't it be amazing if they had ether in their bottle and my anger at the thought of being sprayed with perfume scared them off???

ETA---Went to the HOAX website--someone must have had an encounter like I had and thought it could be the basis for a hoax email---don't people have better things to do than to start false rumors? Glad I wasn't in danger of being sprayed with ether
    Last edited by Vonna; 11-23-2006 at 03:50 PM.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2151433;
    Ahh, Misskitty, you could aways order from jonessoda.com if you decide that you just have to try it!
    I think I must just skip it this year. But I e-mailed the info to my cousin in Seattle. There's a store there so she may try it.
    ------
    We never had a Tower Records here. But it is sad sometimes to see the old standby stores have to pack it up because of competition.

--------------
    Quote Originally Posted by M_shelll
    ..Well since it was sent out from the Red Deer RCMP and it listed a mall that I have been to several times, I thought it best to pass along this info.
    I've heard of that perfume stunt before. Hey, are you really from Dead Rear?!! If so, you're not so far away from me
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2153427;
    Just in case you wonder about scary emails, this is one of the places that you can look up something like that. In the "search" feature, enter 'sniff perfume'.

http://hoaxbusters.ciac.org/cgi-bin/...l&line=155#mfs
    The hoax email that im used to getting is someone from Africa or some European country asking for my help in getting their inheritance or something involving money. In the end i'l 'get' a cut of their earnings. They require my full name and address.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

prhoshay: Thanks for that link.
    AmyLee: We usually get those offers in the regular mail. I guess they've updated their technology

--------------------

I just received a hoax e-mail about a Dr. Robson going to the FCC/CBC in order to eliminate Christmas Carols from public schools. It claims that Madeline Murray O'Hare, an atheist, successfully managed to eliminate the use of Bible reading from public schools a few years ago. Now her organization has been granted a federal hearing Washington, D.C.

The e-mail claims that their petition, Number 2493, would ultimately pave the way to stop the reading of the gospel on the airwaves of America and Canada. They got 287,000 signatures to back their stand. If this attempt is successful, all Sunday worship services being broadcast on the radio or by television will be stopped.

You are supposed to add your name, and state/province to the list and forward it to everyone you know.

When I received this e-mail last night it had about 470 names on it. This copy started on the west coast of Canada, went through various U.S. states, across the ocean and back to Canada by the time I received it from my neighbor. She thought it was true.

Snopes has had this as a hoax for years. It apparently rises up during the Holiday season. The e-mail which you are to direct the signatures to doesn't exist and hasn't.

This kind of spam takes advantage of good natured people. Be aware.
    Last edited by misskitty; 11-25-2006 at 10:31 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I used to get soooo many email hoaxes. Some were remarkable stories of children in need of a "million" emails to their hospital bed.......or some tear jerking story of some Christmas miracle......pretty soon they all sounded the same except for a few minor details. I remember more than one said that for every email sent, ATT would send some needy family 10 cents.....so I would mail it off to as many as possible...
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

I HATE forwarded spam type of emails. People don't bother to check and see if it's a hoax first. They also usually don't bother to hide your email address - effectively giving it to 10 or more total strangers. Not to mention all the people after them who won't remove it, before it's forwarded to who knows how many more.

So they've just posted your email to who knows how many spammers, strangers, etc., all over a hoax.

The O'Hare one, I haven't gotten in some time. But I'm surprised it's still making the rounds. She's been dead over a decade now, hasn't she?

I don't think they ever even found O'Hare's body, did they? I love to debunk stupid emails. Some of them are so old that it's hard to believe that anybody with a computer hasn't heard about them. It's all about the drama...something that I can't stand.

+ Reply to Thread