+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

FORT Fogey

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Has anyone had the new flu shot that is not injected into the muscle, only the first few layers of the dermis? Got one yesterday, and it is really different. Usually, by my second day with the IM shot, my arm is sore as heck but, today, I barely notice where it was given. I was expecting to still be miserable. The med still stings a little when it goes in, and I'm a good one for saying "Ow!" anyway, but it is a whole different experence. Won't say it's "painfree", but it is definitely an improvement.
    I have never had a flu shot.

Eastcoastmom - such a relief to hear your voice. I wish I had found a way to contact you to invite you to my home for the duration. We never lost power and I have an extra queen-size bed even though the house is small. Now that my dog is gone, I could have even welcomed yours. Let's keep that in mind for next time. PM me if you want details. We're not having gas issues here, either. It saddens me that this is a problem this long after the storm itself. I thought with all the forewarning, we would be more prepared.
    chrisg - thank you for your kind words.
    Last edited by Gutmutter; 11-03-2012 at 05:21 AM.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    I have never had a flu shot.
    I haven't either.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Trust me, it's not the big-deal-pain-in-the-butt that it used to be. It used to remind me of getting a tetanus shot......NO MORE!

I'm through neglecting my health! I would say that people who are affected by the storm problems are more at risk for flu problems, being thrown together with so many other people. Can't imagine them not setting up flu shot points in those areas, since flu can be so serious. Caught it last year, after being vaccinated, and was in bed for at least a week.....and I don't "catch" things! Volunteer work damn near killed me...and I'd do it all over again! To this very date, I travel with my own pen and will tell you "No," if you ask to use it!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I seldom get colds or the flu. I take echinacea and juice plus. My grandchildren all came over with cough, colds etc, I got nothing.( touching wood)
    I could walk into my local pharmacy and get the shot. I just don't like the idea of a flu shot.
    -Andy Rooney-

I get the flu shot every year and also use my own pen to sign when I use my credit card, etc. I had the flu BAD a couple of years ago... the H1N1, I think (so many scary ones lately it's hard to remember). I had gotten the flu shot that year, but it didn't cover the new strain. I couldn't do a thing! Like a wet dishrag.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I get the flu shot every year and also use my own pen to sign when I use my credit card, etc. I had the flu BAD a couple of years ago... the H1N1, I think (so many scary ones lately it's hard to remember). I had gotten the flu shot that year, but it didn't cover the new strain. I couldn't do a thing! Like a wet dishrag.
    Yes, they never know what strain is going to get you. The H1N1 was awful, I didn't get it, but a friend of ours was in bed for a couple of weeks
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

When people offer me a pen to sign something, I always tell them "I don't want your ol' germy pen!" They usually laugh, right after saying, "Oh.....Ok!".....I walk in with my pen in my hand.

I don't play those psychological head games with myself, like buying "preventatives", I just wash my hands a lot, when dealing with the public and try to be mindful of keeping my hands/fingers away from my eyes and nose! (And Use My Netti Pot When I Get Home!)
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Trust me, it's not the big-deal-pain-in-the-butt that it used to be. It used to remind me of getting a tetanus shot......NO MORE! I'm through neglecting my health! I would say that people who are affected by the storm problems are more at risk for flu problems, being thrown together with so many other people. Can't imagine them not setting up flu shot points in those areas, since flu can be so serious. Caught it last year, after being vaccinated, and was in bed for at least a week.....and I don't "catch" things! Volunteer work damn near killed me...and I'd do it all over again! To this very date, I travel with my own pen and will tell you "No," if you ask to use it!
    So you got the flu after you got a flu shot? hmmm... Mercury is a preservative for the flu vaccine. Mercury is a toxin. My health is very important to me... which is why I won't get a flu shot.

I hav to get a flu shot - never had problems - I work in the healthcare industry.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread