+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6942Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

The waiting around is the hardest part. With Irene we didn't lose any power but our friends/family on the other side of town did. We made extra ice in case we need to fill the ice chest. We've got batteries and flashlights handy as well as Coleman lanterns. We have a very, very small generator that won't power much but it is gassed up and ready to go. Our cell phones are charged and we have plenty of water, food, dog food. Living on an Island and so close to the water lots of areas do get an extreme amount of flooding but we are far enough inland and fortunately we don't get water in the basement. Just about 3 miles south the county calls for the folks to evacuate just to be on the safe side. So, I am just warm and cozy for now and waiting, waiting, waiting. Thinking positive thoughts for our coastal FORT friends.
    chrisg likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    The waiting around is the hardest part. With Irene we didn't lose any power but our friends/family on the other side of town did. We made extra ice in case we need to fill the ice chest. We've got batteries and flashlights handy as well as Coleman lanterns. We have a very, very small generator that won't power much but it is gassed up and ready to go. Our cell phones are charged and we have plenty of water, food, dog food. Living on an Island and so close to the water lots of areas do get an extreme amount of flooding but we are far enough inland and fortunately we don't get water in the basement. Just about 3 miles south the county calls for the folks to evacuate just to be on the safe side. So, I am just warm and cozy for now and waiting, waiting, waiting. Thinking positive thoughts for our coastal FORT friends.
    I am thinking of you all! I am so sorry this is happening, you sound every prepared ECM
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Lately I've taken an interest in singing. It's really weird. I want to sing for people. I can attempt anything. I may not be good, but I can give it a shot.

Follow your heart but don't call me and start singing.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    1. Eat everything in the freezer now. 2. Charge Kindle 3. Get firewood, flashlights, and candles ready. 4. Make sure wine opener is handy.
    5. Make sure the pathway to the gun turret is cleared!

6. Run to the store and get goodies you usually deny yourslf!
    chrisg and Poppy Fields like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

You all sound prepared for Sandy to me. Good luck and stay safe.

I went out this morning and brought in anything from the yard/garden that wasn't tied down, cut branches near the house, etc. Then I came in and received a phone call from a long ago friend who had found me on facebook. Then I tooled around on the internet checking out the latest stats on the hurricane while my diet guru (Dr. Joel Fuhrman) was on PBS - I've seen it several times... wish he would make a new one. Inspired, I made a stir-fry with healthy goodies, but now I'm kind of hitting a brick wall as far as getting more things done. Guess I'll make a cup of tea and do the dishes. That's pretty low-energy and at least I can cross that off my list.
    Count your blessings!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I don't plan on uploading any videos of me singing on Youtube or anything. Only the people I know in real life will receive that luxury (or punishment, should my singing be so bad it makes people want to run away and never come back).

Back to the topic of Facebook, I've attempted to find and converse with people I used to know a long time ago, so far to no avail.

Where is everyone? I was expecting a lot more buzz with Hurricane Sandy hitting.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Where is everyone? I was expecting a lot more buzz with Hurricane Sandy hitting.
    Hi, Gut. I just logged on to see if anyone had posted anything about the hurricane. I just saw Al Roker on the Weather Channel (since when is Al Roker on the Weather Channel ) and he is in New Jersey and it looks pretty brutal there already so hopefully EastCoastMom and anyone else around there will check in soon. I have been evacuated from Chelsea in NYC and came to CT last night. There are no subways running in NYC today and the Stock Exchange is closed and I don't remember either of those things ever happening before in anticipation of a weather event. They are saying that every state west of the Mississippi will at least be affected with high winds. Stay safe everyone.
    Last edited by chrisg; 10-29-2012 at 08:06 AM.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

+ Reply to Thread