+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5671Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Ok, where's muduh? I thought she'd get a kick out of this...I got a FREE fresh 20-pound turkey today from this gourmet store (retail value $45). How, you ask? A friend of the family had a gift certicate for one and didn't want it. Can you believe it? I was all prepared to go buy a frozen one, but this is much better.

AND IT'S FREE!

I'm resisting the urge to get the new Jones flavors for this holiday season...maybe if I find them discounted later I'll splurge and add to my collection. I've already got last year's Thanksgiving and Christmas "feasts" in my storage room cause I couldn't bear to break what could be a collector pack

I can't decide if I'm happy or sad that Jones Soda New Collection is not available in Alberta.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Ahh, Misskitty, you could aways order from jonessoda.com if you decide that you just have to try it!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Lois LaneWow what a SUPER deal!! I always wanted to buy a fresh turkey.....maybe next year

Happy Thanksgiving
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by libra1022;2151380;
    I'm resisting the urge to get the new Jones flavors for this holiday season...maybe if I find them discounted later I'll splurge and add to my collection. I've already got last year's Thanksgiving and Christmas "feasts" in my storage room cause I couldn't bear to break what could be a collector pack
    Do you like Jones soda? I love that stuff!

Unfortunately, everywhere here that used to carry it, seems to only carry it by the carton now - and usually just diet black cherry, cream soda, and some type of blue stuff. What a bummer Gelson's used to carry all the flavors, it seemed.

Tower Records even had them in a cooler but now they're going out of business here!

And I've waited too long to shop that sale btw, and now soon as the shopping season hits they'll be picked clean like locusts swept through. Ah, well. (I'd hoped to get some Christmas music cheap. I was actually there briefly after seeing a movie but neither of us felt well and rushed home instead of shopping.)

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Brandy, Tower is closing up all over the country. At first I thought the New Orleans store was gone just because so many things are gone post-Katrina, but it turns out the whole business is gone. It's kind of sad; I've great memories of going to Tower in the 80's to buy what was hard to find in this burg.

For the Jones Sodas, do you have a World Market near you? I know that the one by me still carries the 4-bottle packs in the weirder flavors. Target usually has the 12-pack cans (cream soda, cola, the usual), but we only get the "weird" ones there for holiday promotions.

Yeah, we had a Tower Records, also closing. But they were way overpriced -- you could get most of what they had elsewhere for cheaper, and their going-out-of-business markdowns aren't that great.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;2152930;
    Brandy, Tower is closing up all over the country. At first I thought the New Orleans store was gone just because so many things are gone post-Katrina, but it turns out the whole business is gone. It's kind of sad; I've great memories of going to Tower in the 80's to buy what was hard to find in this burg.
    Memories of me in my 20s are tied up with Tower too. I used to go there all the time back then. The one on Sunset. Then, the one in the Valley. The one that's the huge store in the Galleria hasn't been there long. The 'real Towers' were always a bit gritty. I'll miss it even though at this point it's kind of a relic. The Galleria one had tons of magazines and I loved browsing those. Also they were indoors. There are newsstands, but it gets chilly here in winter. (We do have bookstores but it's not the same.)

For the Jones Sodas, do you have a World Market near you? I know that the one by me still carries the 4-bottle packs in the weirder flavors. Target usually has the 12-pack cans (cream soda, cola, the usual), but we only get the "weird" ones there for holiday promotions.
    We do! I had forgotten all about World Market. Good call! I know what to ask Santa for, for my stocking stuffers now.

The Target nearest us only has those flavors I dislike. But there are other ones I can check. Thanks for the idea.

Yeah, we had a Tower Records, also closing. But they were way overpriced -- you could get most of what they had elsewhere for cheaper, and their going-out-of-business markdowns aren't that great.
    I hear ya Lucy. The sale prices here were not that great either...I was hoping as time wore on anything left would be 50% off or more. Maybe not! Then I feel better, not having missed much!

I wasn't sure where to put this, but I thougt here is as good a place as any.

I got an email this morning about a new scam people are doing. Its happened a few times in Calgary and I assume it could just as easily happen anywhere.

So the scam is usually a few people hanging out in a parking lot (often a busy mall/walmart parking lot at any time of the day) they will ask you to SNIFF PERFUME that they are selling at a cheap price. THIS IS NOT PERFUME...IT IS ETHER! When you sniff it, you'll pass out. They'll take your wallet, your valuables and who knows what else.

If I was at the mall and this happened to me I'm sure I would probably have sniffed their perfume and then who knows what could happen. So please tell everyone you know what to watch out for, and if you see something that looks suspicious you should let security know or contact the police.

+ Reply to Thread