+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

This time of year I only turn it on when I'm going to be home for a while and then I only turn it on for about 30 or 40 minutes until it feels warm with a couple of layers and socks on. I also wear hoodies and put the hood up if I feel chilled and I start roasting veggies in the oven and then leave the door open when I'm done.
    Count your blessings!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    In July and August, I tell my husband "You can have the overhead fan or the central a/c can be blowing. You can NOT have both." I think it's silly to watch TV under a blanket when it's 114 outside.
    Haha, my dad used to say stuff like that to me all the time while I was growing up! He and my mom liked it in the 60's in the house and I got cold easily so I'd be running a space heater in the summer because it was so darn cold in the house to me! My dad also used to tell me to put on more clothes. Not that I ran around naked. The problem was my mom liked to dress in layers so to her it was hot in the house. I never thought to tell them to take some clothes off when they told me to put more on. Of course, I probably wouldn't have survived childhood if I had talked back to my parents! Kids back then didn't do that sort of thing.
    just1paul and AZChristian like this.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I know this is a worn topic here, but OMG, I sooo hate AT&T. I called them to see if I could get my cell bill and my land line bill in one statement. The gal on the phone is at first nice about it and then says she has to "manage my expectations" (which I know is total management BS talk) and it will take at least 2 months to combine the bills. Having been all to intimately involved in AT&T's modus operandi in the past, I can believe it but that doesn't excuse it. But whatever, as long as it eventually gets done. Then the CS agent starts berating me about switching my cable & internet to AT&T. She was literally screaming at me that I could save money and who doesn't want to save money? [I contemplated her that I was the baby in the Fallon commercials, but didn't.] I've got Cox for internet & cable. They may charge more (or may not...I never got a clear number on the price), but they show up within 2 hours of when I call for service, even post-hurricanes. It took 4 missed service appointments and some fairly serious threats to get someone out here to fix the land line a while ago. I *hate* to pull the lawyer card, because that almost 100% of the time makes you look like an asshat, but I nearly told her "Hey, I bill at $X an hour and your company cost me 20 hours of lost time waiting for your service guy to show up. So where's my check?" But I didn't. In retrospect, I probably should have, even if I did come off as a beyotch.

Well, at any rate, I'm thinking of upgrading the security system to one with a wifi/wireless connection and ditching the land line altogether. Once I ditch the land line, it probably will pay for itself. Cell service held well during the last hurricane, so I'm not worried about that any more. And once the contracts are up (I've weirdly got 3 cell phones on my bill...don't ask), we're porting to some other carrier. Does anyone have experience with wifi/wireless security systems? Like reliability, etc?

Don't get me started on AT&T!!!!!!!!!!! My experience is so severe, that I won't discuss it here, since it may go into litigation. It's taken about 7 months to straighten it out and I don't think it's over. Good luck. Keep notes, date, records, names, etc.

I don't know anything about wireless security. The ones we have had are connected by phone line with a battery backup.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    She was literally screaming at me that I could save money and who doesn't want to save money?
    I had a phone solicitor who wouldn't back down keep telling me that once. I finally got fed up & said: "No! I don't want to save money! I want to WASTE money! Loads of money! Throw it away! The more money I waste, the happier I am!"
    The phone solicitor hung up. I won.
    prhoshay, pikachu, Hyper and 2 others like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I just remind them that every time I agree to do that they run another credit report and after a certain point, too many credit reports affects your score. PhoneGrrl, if I were you, I probably would have come right back with all the issues I have had with AT&T to make it clear that you are really not saving money with them and unless and until they figure out how to fix all those problems, then it really isn't a good deal.

I actually had a woman at Kohls who was trying to get me to open a Kohls card. I told her nicely that I wasn't interested. She kept going and I got a little more prickly - think talking really slowly and looking at her saying "I'm.not.interested." Well, then she proceeded to tell me that my personality reminded her of Ann Coulter! I just shut her down. I'm a lawyer, so I'm good at doing that. Think - "let's examine the facts, you asked me and I politely told you I wasn't interested. You continued, basically telling me that I was stupid for not agreeing to open the card. Is it not my decision? Is it not possible there could be facts in my situation that would make it a bad idea? Facts that you do not know about. Who was the person who continued and persisted after I politely said no? Who was the person who took on a condescending tone? You are in a customer service industry and might want to reconsider your approach, as the next person might not be as "Ann Coulter" like as I am and might, in fact, ask to speak to a manager." She apologized profusely!
    Ellen likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I had a phone solicitor who wouldn't back down keep telling me that once. I finally got fed up & said: "No! I don't want to save money! I want to WASTE money! Loads of money! Throw it away! The more money I waste, the happier I am!"
    The phone solicitor hung up. I won.
    Hilarious, and I Love It!!! Totally Excellent!!!!

The last time I had a person trying to get me to open a store credit card while I was shopping, I just told her that I had no intention of getting another credit card.....shut her down right then and there. She went away. Filed that away in my memory bank to use the next time. Worked like a charm!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

During this political season when SO MANY calls are for "surveys" regarding political issues, here's a good response. "I'm glad you called, and I do have opinions on these issues, but I'm busy right now. May I have your home phone number so I can call you back while YOU are eating dinner so we can talk then?"

:-)

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    During this political season when SO MANY calls are for "surveys" regarding political issues...
    Yesterday, our mail-in ballots arrived. I can now (honestly) say: "Save your breath. I've already mailed in my votes."
    Caller: "Oh, may I ask who you voted for?"
    Me: "May you ask for WHOM I voted? Sure, you may ask, but I won't tell you. Surely you understand the concept of SECRET BALLOT? Have a nice day, and don't bother calling me again. Thank you very much."
    *click*
    prhoshay and AZChristian like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I just remind them that every time I agree to do that they run another credit report and after a certain point, too many credit reports affects your score. PhoneGrrl, if I were you, I probably would have come right back with all the issues I have had with AT&T to make it clear that you are really not saving money with them and unless and until they figure out how to fix all those problems, then it really isn't a good deal.
    That's exactly what I did and it made her even more shrill and intense. There was no "Oh, I'm sorry you've had problems in the past and we've improved. Here are the metrics on the service calls now." Nope, none of that. And since AT&T gutted the '96 telecom act, there is no other copper pair carrier here and we don't have fiber to the home in this area. Sure, there's VOIP, but that doesn't work when the power goes down and my experience with it at work has been less than stellar. I have zero reason to believe their service calls have improved.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Yesterday, our mail-in ballots arrived. I can now (honestly) say: "Save your breath. I've already mailed in my votes."
    Caller: "Oh, may I ask who you voted for?"
    Me: "May you ask for WHOM I voted? Sure, you may ask, but I won't tell you. Surely you understand the concept of SECRET BALLOT? Have a nice day, and don't bother calling me again. Thank you very much."
    *click*
    Mom?

+ Reply to Thread