+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5650Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I just got the Samsung Galaxy S3 a few weeks ago and I love it. I had a Droid X for just over two years and it was starting to 'go'. My contract ended in mid August and I was waiting to see what the iPhone 5 was going to be about before I decided what the new one was going to be and wouldn't you know I lost it a week before the announcement. I was going to be phone-less for the week (shocking, I know) and my husband finally said "why? Your two year old Droid kicked my (work) iPhone 4S' butt every time they went head to head, stick with the android". Apparently I needed a real person to cut through the Apple hype for me! I really like the Galaxy and I still love the android over the iPhone. I do have an iPad so I'm not Apple illiterate and I snag hubby's phone when we are out sometimes, but I do just like the android better. And the Galaxy best when Verizon was willing to woo me to re-sign a contract since I was a "free agent". I still have a few minor things to figure out, but out of the box it was fantastic.
    Wag more, bark less

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I Refuse To Go Back To Contract If I Don't Have To!!! They will NOT put me in a full-nelson headlock and make me pay those exorbitant monthly contract fees!!!! Just paid my monthly Blackberry fee, and no-contract should cut what I pay in half!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Today at lunch, I was thinking about how internet abbreviations might be pronounced. It would seem weird to spell them out in conversations, like talking in front of the dog or kids and spelling out words that might get them riled up if spoken aloud.

LOL would probably be pronounced Loll, like doll with an “l” at the beginning instead of a “d”.

I would pronounce ROFL as Roffle, like raffle with an “o” in the middle instead of an “a”.

LMAO could be pronounced many ways but I would choose LeMayo as the pronounciation.

So ROFLMAO would be Roffle Mayo.

FWIW was awkward because of the two consonents at the beginning so I split them up like I did with LMAO to make it FeWhew.

At first I thought of pronouncing NSFW as NesFew but after thinking about what vowel follows each consonant in the acronym, I decided to pronounce it as NoSaFoeWoe.

All this started because I was listening to the DJ on the radio in my car talking about some new German liquor (G-Spirits) whose advertising gimmick is it’s poured over bare breasts before bottling. Their website has pictures of the models the alcohol was poured on, making it not safe for work. They say the G stands for gentleman but that does sound very gentlemanly to pour alcohol on women and then drink it.
    Masterchef 5 Pool: Registration Closed
    So You Think You Can Dance 11 Pool: Registration deadline: July 9th
    Face Off 7: TBA

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    At first I thought of pronouncing NSFW as NesFew but after thinking about what vowel follows each consonant in the acronym, I decided to pronounce it as NoSaFoeWoe.
    It takes almost as long to say NoSaFoeWoe as it does to say Not Safe For Work!

All this started because I was listening to the DJ on the radio in my car talking about some new German liquor (G-Spirits) whose advertising gimmick is it’s poured over bare breasts before bottling. Their website has pictures of the models the alcohol was poured on, making it not safe for work. They say the G stands for gentleman but that does sound very gentlemanly to pour alcohol on women and then drink it.
    That's disgusting. I don't care if it was poured over a beautiful person or an unattractive person. I wouldn't want anything I am going to drink to be poured over anyone's body to mingle with their sweat before it is bottled!

Upthead I had mentioned that I was in the market for inexpensive drapes. I found some nice panels at Ollie's. They only had the ones I wanted in two colors and neither worked, but it was a great deal. The panels were about 80 inches long and I think about 40 wide. They were substantial fabric too, not the sheer see through type. They were $5.99 per panel!!!!!!!! They had a pretty good selection of other styles too. I will definitely check there first whenever I am in the market for drapes or curtains.

Also, their shower curtains averaged about $8.00. (Good selection of fabric ones too.) Most in Walmart were $11.00-19.00.) They were less expensive than Walmart or Big Lots on just about everything I bought!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Well, as I live and breathe! I just read up on what an Android phone is; people tend to talk about them like they are a lesser product, and that's not the impression I get. People tend to, almost, apologize for having one.
    This is too funny. I work for a well-known technology company and I think there is a stigma against the iPhone among my co-workers. It is just too trendy for the average techie. I feel like I'm the one "apologizing" for owning an iPhone! I chose the iPhone because it is easy and completely intuitive. It takes no effort, which is exactly what I want from my phone!!
    Ellen and Debb70 like this.

Today at lunch, I was thinking about how internet abbreviations might be pronounced. It would seem weird to spell them out in conversations, like talking in front of the dog or kids and spelling out words that might get them riled up if spoken aloud.

LOL would probably be pronounced Loll, like doll with an “l” at the beginning instead of a “d”.

I would pronounce ROFL as Roffle, like raffle with an “o” in the middle instead of an “a”.
    My 15 year old daughter pronounces them that way... there's nothing like having a conversation where you say something witty and rather than laugh she says loll... Not every time, but sometimes!

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    It takes almost as long to say NoSaFoeWoe as it does to say Not Safe For Work!

That's disgusting. I don't care if it was poured over a beautiful person or an unattractive person. I wouldn't want anything I am going to drink to be poured over anyone's body to mingle with their sweat before it is bottled!
    It's like that trend, hopefully over, of serving food (sushi usually I think) on a prone half-or-fully naked woman. Um, no.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

My friend says iphones are "idiot-proof". I've never played with one, so I don't know. I talked to a friend with an Android today, and she said that she thought her, and the others with Androids sound apologetic because their phones were not the "latest and greatest"....like designer clothes. I guess I am going in the right direction, since I've never been a "label-whore". My sister, on the other hand has always been a label-whorehore, so I know she's severely embarrassed that she ONLY has an Android.

Moronic.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

iPhones are totally idiot proof, at least the basic functions--email, pictures, map (well, the old Google map ap at any rate), calculator, phone functions, texting--the stuff the phone comes loaded with. I taught my parents how to use them in about 15 minutes and yet they still can't, no matter how many times I show them, use the Roku. Actually, I wasn't surprised my mom caught on, since she'd had a MacBook Pro for a couple of years, but dad is totally down with his 11 year old PC and won't give it up. But he's handy with the phone and even thought to pull it out and take pictures of the fender bender he was in a few weeks back.

+ Reply to Thread