+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4488Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Critical: You can check local hardware stores or craft stores for glass frosting and paint over the floral design so it's just white. I looked online at Amazon and they have some for under $10.

I sure wish I would have seen this earlier. I just had my whole bathroom window replaced in order to have an opaque window! I got sick of always having the curtains drawn & it faces one of the neighbor's windows. And they're both big windows.
    Cost quite a few bucks too. But the new one opens too & the old one didn't.(I need to look on the bright side.)
    "Some of us learn from other people's mistakes and the rest of us have to be other people."

That is something I could really use. I have a huge picture window that faces the neighbors who spend a lot of time in their yard facing my house. I like to have light from that window, but I know if I don't have the curtains drawn they can look right into my living room... especially at night if I have the lights on.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    That is something I could really use. I have a huge picture window that faces the neighbors who spend a lot of time in their yard facing my house. I like to have light from that window, but I know if I don't have the curtains drawn they can look right into my living room... especially at night if I have the lights on.
    This stuff is good, but honestly, you might regret doing a main window with it because it takes a lot of work to get rid of it if you get tired of it, and it doesn't allow for options. You might be better off making Roman blinds with a thin, white muslin which would allow for light and privacy, but also allow for the option of opening up things completely.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Right now I have patterned tissue paper that someone here suggested up on the windows. I think it probably has about the same effect.
    Count your blessings!

If anyone wants light and privacy, there is a window film and kit you can buy using a credit card at McMaster-Carr. Go to mcmaster dot com and type in glass film. there is one called privacy film, also the sun glare film etc.....
    Debb70 likes this.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

They sell that window film at Home Depot too. It comes in a bunch of different patterns, from rice paper to stained glass to plain frosted. It's not cheap, but it's pretty easy to apply.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by just1paul View Post
    If anyone wants light and privacy, there is a window film and kit you can buy using a credit card at McMaster-Carr. Go to mcmaster dot com and type in glass film. there is one called privacy film, also the sun glare film etc.....
    I'll have to check it out. Given that it's Santa Ana season here, I'm particularly interested in sun glare film -- that is, if it's apartment-friendly (easily removed if/when we have to move).

P.S. Crud! The website is down. Bookmarked, and will have to check again...
    Last edited by Ellen; 09-30-2012 at 10:35 PM.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    I'll have to check it out. Given that it's Santa Ana season here, I'm particularly interested in sun glare film -- that is, if it's apartment-friendly (easily removed if/when we have to move).

P.S. Crud! The website is down. Bookmarked, and will have to check again...
    If you search Hume Depot's website for "window film," they have a bunch of different designs and a number of them are glare control The ones they carry go on and off like cling film, so they're easy to take off.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I researched the Samsung Galazy SIII phone that I THOUGHT I was interested in. Luckily it says it doesn't work in my zip code (read: I can't get a no-contract deal), but that stupid thing is selling for $800!!!!

Not in THIS lifetime, Samsung.....NOT in this lifetime!! I'm now paying attention to a Samsung 3G phone. It could be possible in a couple of weeks!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Does anyone around here call abroad much? I need to make a call to an African country. I looked on line and they said to get a calling card. Is that much cheaper than just using AT&T? I have tried to reach AT&T, but they are taking forever calling me back. Any suggestions? It's for business. Would it make any difference if I use a cell? I don't want to get poor service and have to call back.

+ Reply to Thread