+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7196Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Black Friday Shopping

I just found a website for all the deals for "Black Friday", day after Thanksgiving, the bigest shopping day of the year. The website lists all the major chain stores and highlights in blue the best deals. I shopped last year at Staples on Black Friday and got all kinds of stuff free (after rebate).
    www.blackfriday.info
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2150658;
    I too don't understand why my husband is so reluctant to go. His excuse is he's been there already. Then he has the gall(?) to say it's great, he loved it...then why not do it again with the one you love then??? (That would be me, btw )
    This actually has me kind of wondering, now, just what the heck is going on. Why won't these men who love us dearly (and they do, both of them) take us to New York? What did they do there? Are they having some sort of bad flashbacks or is a Vegas sort of thing (what happens in York stays in York)? I am now more determined than ever to get Mr. Rattus down there.

We've actually been to Montreal a few times and I just love it. We probably should do more than what we generally do while we're there, though. We seem to spend an awful lot of time sitting on patios on St. Denis just watching people passing by while indulging in a chevre salad followed by creme brulee, or sitting in Carriere St-Louis, eating ice cream, or strolling along rue Duluth, determining which restaurant we will eat at that evening, assuming we're not too tired and/or stuffed. Actually, our trips to Montreal do explain an awful lot about my girth and fondness for elastic waist pants. Next time we go I think I'll have to follow Mr. Rattus' example and cycle to the top of the mountain before breakfast in the morning .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I see Jones Soda Company has their holiday flavors out. They are available at Target if anyones wants tor try them and report back to us.
    Lambi, weren't you going to do that for us last year?
    Holiday Pack:
    Flavors: Turkey and Gravy soda, Sweet Potato Soda, Dinner Roll Soda, Pea Soda, Antacid Flavored Soda
    Also included: medicinal cup for accurate servings!
    Dessert Pack:
    Flavors:Cherry Pie, Banana Cream Pie, Key Lime Pie, Apple Pie, Blueberry Pie.
    Fun fact: All sodas are completely vegetarian, certified kosher, and contain zero caffeine, calories, and carbs.
    They also have a Holiday Pack locater so you can find this fine beverage in your area.
    Last edited by Unklescott; 11-21-2006 at 06:28 PM.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    I saw those Thanksgiving flavored sodas last year, and went back to get them after the holiday, when I presumed they'd be on sale. But Target was out. I may spring full-price for the "Pie" flavors, but not so much on the Dinner set.

My son has been teasing me about wanting the turkey and gray flavored sodas since last year. Thanks for letting me know, Unk! They'll make a great stocking stuffer for him. I won't be trying them, that's for sure!
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

We have some friends whose photo of their dog was on one of the labels once.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2151008;
    We have some friends whose photo of their dog was on one of the labels once.
    You can purchase personalized 12 paks for $34.95 ea.
    http://www.myjones.com/

Oh no, these were sold in stores. Jones changes the labels frequently and they choose photos submitted from the public. These two sent theirs in and it was selected because the dog was jumping on Santa's lap and it had a retro '60s look to it.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    I've already seen one Griswald house with a yard full of inflatable Christmas characters and the house brightly lit.

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2151035;
    Oh no, these were sold in stores. Jones changes the labels frequently and they choose photos submitted from the public.
    I saw that on their website here. That's neat.

+ Reply to Thread