+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6792Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Don't laugh, but I know people right now who would think that light fixture is lovely. They would not understand why someone would want it replaced. I'm NOT kidding. LOL

Recently, I have been trying to spruce up my cousin's house. She was out of commision with a broken foot and I have been staying with her and running the household and caring for her cat. There has been LOTS to do. She's not a housekeeper and I've gone through 2 packs of vacuum bags so far!!!!!! Anyway, I've been picking up little things to update the place and replace old items that are just falling apart from old age. The curtains are too old to clean but are very dirty. I'm afraid they will melt if washed or dry cleaned.

I have been pricing curtains, table cloths, shower curtains, etc. OMG. It's unreal. Things are very expensive. I've looked at Big Lots, J.C. Penny online, K-Mart, Burlington Coat Factory, Roses', Lowe's and Walmart. The selection is lousy and the prices are high. Lowe's has a panel that I like, but to cover her patio sliding door would take about 4 panels. Any suggestions for other places I might check out.

Do you have Goodwill stores in your area? My neighbor found kitchens curtains, still in the packaging at a GWS.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Great idea! I might nose around in a flea market, too!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Critical: You can check local hardware stores or craft stores for glass frosting and paint over the floral design so it's just white. I looked online at Amazon and they have some for under $10.

Last edited by pikachu; 09-27-2012 at 02:53 PM.

Thanks for the tips. There is a Goodwill store not far from her house. I guess it wouldn't hurt to look.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I have been pricing curtains, table cloths, shower curtains, etc. OMG. It's unreal. Things are very expensive. I've looked at Big Lots, J.C. Penny online, K-Mart, Burlington Coat Factory, Roses', Lowe's and Walmart. The selection is lousy and the prices are high. Lowe's has a panel that I like, but to cover her patio sliding door would take about 4 panels. Any suggestions for other places I might check out.
    I went through the same thing when I moved into this house. My kitchen window is HUGE. Like 5+ feet wide. I priced curtains and was horrified, both by the prices and the selection. I ended up waiting for a sale at the big fabric store in town and just bought the material. My mom sewed curtains for me in an afternoon. I really want curtains for my bedroom, but I'll end up buying fabric for that too. Anything I've found that I like is just ridiculously expensive. I want more of a scarf, rather than traditional curtains, so I need a lot of fabric.

Lots of the curtains I see in stores are so dated. I'm not into tassels, shiny fabric or heavy pleating and that's pretty much all I found in most stores. The only inexpensive place in town for curtains is Anna's Linens and their selection isn't that great. I ended up buying my living room curtains at World Market. I only paid as much as I did for them because they were absolutely perfect.

I stalk the store sale circulars for good deals. They can be found, but it takes a lot of patience!
    Debb70 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Critical: You can check local hardware stores or craft stores for glass frosting and paint over the floral design so it's just white. I liked online at Amazon and they have some for under $10.

I didnt know this existed. I will have to let my daugher in law know, they have a horrible window in their bathroom
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I have shopped the clearance tables and sometimes come across a nice looking panel drastically reduced, but there will only be one left. That's frustrating.

Hahahahahaha! That is pretty funny. Sorry. It wouldn't bother me, though. That's the sort of thing I can choose to ignore. Take it to Home Depot like Fanny Mare said and see what they think. Can you paint over it?
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    The selection is lousy and the prices are high. Lowe's has a panel that I like, but to cover her patio sliding door would take about 4 panels. Any suggestions for other places I might check out.
    We bought a pull down shade to cover our patio sliding door. It's like a Roman Shade and does't quite reach the floor but keeps the sun out and matches the kitchen cabinets. It was $30 or $40 and removable b/c it's only attached to nails in the walls on hooks. Pretty easy, sturdy, durable. We pull open and close that thing 4-5 times a day for the dogs.

+ Reply to Thread